Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes Sync & Authorised computer questions

Options
  • 13-10-2012 12:30pm

Hey All

2 questions for ya'll..

Firstly -
    I got a new MBP but forgot to backup & sync on old MB before moving over. If I sync with iTunes on my new one, will I loose all messages and contacts etc.
    I have all the media, apps etc but its the messages that I'm concerned about. I have the contacts syncing to Google too so no biggy there. Just the messages.
    Also - As it will be a first Sync, it'll obviously un-jailbreak the phone?

Wouldn't mind upgrading to iOS 6 anyway, anyone else done it and jail broken successfully, I've searched already and saw some people successful, others not (iPhone 4 by the way).

Second main question...
    I've had countless laptops, macs and MacBooks through the years, I've forgotten now on 2 of them to unauthorised the computer on iTunes before wiping them and selling them.

So my current MBP is now the third (and last) authorised computer.

Does anyone know of a way of removing them without having the computers ?

Thanks in advance for advice !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

syncing will only remove the media, messages will be fine and it won't remove the jailbreak either, to deauthorise a computer click on store in itunes and then view account, from there you can deauthorise all computers and then authorise the current one

Advertisement