Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back to education did not get my full amount this week

Options
  • 12-10-2012 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

hey guys i get back to ed into my acc and only got 125 this week i rang them they said they will sort it next week ne one else had the problem??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Yes I've had the same problem and only got it sorted out this week, have you sent in the letter from the college to say your registered on the course? The last 2 years I've been on it you only needed that letter to apply for the €300 book allowance but this year it seems to have changed. My advice if you haven't submitted the letter is to get it and go to the branch dealing with your claim and ask to speak with the person dealing with BTEA and hand it to them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Can I just confirm what has already been said. I need to apply for the book allowance seperate to the btea allowance. News to me and any of the mature student I have spoken too. So now I would need to skip class, to give them the letter in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Can I just confirm what has already been said. I need to apply for the book allowance seperate to the btea allowance. News to me and any of the mature student I have spoken too. So now I would need to skip class, to give them the letter in person.

I didn't say you had to apply for the book allowance separately, what I meant was that for the last two years my BTEA was automatically reinstated to the full amount in the first week or two of college, in those years I had to submit a letter from the college saying I was registered for the course before I got the book allowance. However this year it seems to have changed where to get back up to full pay I had to submit the registration letter first. Because I deal with a sub office and I was in need of the money I found it easier and less hassle to go in an hand it to the lady dealing with BTEA in person, whole lot was sorted in a few days and backdated with book allowance the whole shebang.

I'm not advocating taking time off college but for my own peace of mind that's what I done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 glanza__gt

hey no i sent in the letter ages ago that i was registered with the college im down 60e this week which is alot and there onloy sorting it next week :(

Advertisement