Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vladimir Klitschko Vs Ali

Options
  • 12-10-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭

If this was posted on boxingscene or eastsideboxing , alot of people would laugh or talk about an early Ko for Ali . If it was a poll , Ali would win 90% .I think that Ali was probably the best pound for pound boxer ever but I think there has to become a time when a fighter from 50 years ago can be theoretically bettered, especially with the considerable size and conditioning advantage of the best fighters of more recent times. Ali was one of the biggest men in his prime at 212 ilbs .I think all the best big men ( Bowe , Lewis , Klitschkos) would have been favourite to beat him . These aren't just big men , but the best big men in boxing history

I Think the current Vladamir would win more times than not . Vladamir, with his ring smarts , his impressive athlethic and boxing abilities combined with his massive weight , size and power advantage . Ali would not be favourite to out point Vladamir , he would not be favourite to knock him out , he would be a underdog if he were to fight Vladamir today.

Ali will rightfully go down as the best heavyweight in history , because he exhibited every quality neccesary to be considered the best , he overcome every challenge and beat the best . There will never be an era like it again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Peak 60s Ali on points. Not easy at all, but points.

Advertisement