Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Syrian hamster to adopt in Cork

Options
  • 12-10-2012 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi!
    I am looking for a Syrian hamster to adopt and I was wondering if anyone can direct me to any rescue (Website) places in Cork where I might find rescue a hamster?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Frogsie wrote: »
    Hi!
    I am looking for a Syrian hamster to adopt and I was wondering if anyone can direct me to any rescue (Website) places in Cork where I might find rescue a hamster?

Thanks!

I don't think too many small furries get left in to be adopted in Ireland. The cost to have the put to sleep is relatively small, so many people unfortunately decide that's easier. You could try the <snip>... Some of the big pet shop chains will sometimes have hamsters or gerbils that were brought back because they bit or didn't tame easily, so you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Frogsie

Hi! Which big pet stores? there aren't many good pet stores in Cork. Can you recommend a big pet shop chain that might have rescue hamsters? I check the ISPCA but didn't find any hamsters.
    I wouldn't mind at all a grumpy hamster. I know sometimes parents get them for their kids and they grab them from their houses while they are sleeping which some hamster might bite for (rightly so!) but I have experience with hamsters. My hamsters would come outside when I'd call them and even if they escaped their cage I would only have to call for them and they would come to my feet.

Advertisement