Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi grant declined need help!

Options
  • 12-10-2012 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Need Help SUSI grant declined! Appeals
    Hi guys i did a level 8 business course in 2009 hated it had no interst in it so finished and didnt do my repeats ,took a year out, and re apllied the year after to office information systems level 6 as i did not get the points for the level 8 a course in which i am so interested in, completed 1st year and now in 2nd year and loving it going doing 3rd and 4th year got DECLINED cos i did level 8 before and told me im going no where i understand that it was a level 8 but am i going to be punished for the rest my years for my mistake ne help by ye needed should i appeal????
    user_online.pngreport.gif progress.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kaflin

You can appeal but you're just wasting your time.

To get a grant you need to be progressing up through the levels. You did Year 1 of a Level 8 course and dropped out.
    Until you move on to do Year 2 of a Level 8 course you aren't eligible for a grant.
    You can do an entire Level 6 and a Level 7, you won't get a grant for it.

The only way around that is if you were completely out of education for 5 years, at which point the slate is wiped clean and you can reapply as a Second chance Student.

Advertisement