Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 or 2 week courses

Options
  • 12-10-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I'm looking to do a few short courses that would boost my cv. Something that might give me more options when I go job seeking abroad. Not having their native language I will be looking to unskilled positions. (I am learning their language too). The planned move is for January, so I have a little time.

TEFL is an obvious one. I'm also thinking of going for a bigger vehicle driving licence.

Can you think of anything else that might be worth taking to open up my options a little bit? Anything in the beautician field perhaps that could be done in a relatively short length of time? Any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bain_triail_as

I suggest care work - working in a nursing home / elderly person's home. You could perhaps get some voluntary or paid work experience at one of these institutions in Ireland before you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭VirtualWorld

Thanks.

Apologies, I didn't see this reply before now.

Advertisement