Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobilecover.ie Anyone with these?

Options
  • 12-10-2012 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Has anyone got insurance with this crowd? What are they like and what are they like if you have to make a claim? price seems reasonable. just wondering if they have any catches or loopholes that i should be aware of!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JOAT

Anyone have anything at all to do with this company??

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

JOAT wrote: »
    Anyone have anything at all to do with this company??
    I have just sent my s3 to them for repair.... I'll let you how i get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JOAT

Do if you don't mind. curious to see what they are like. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mccarrd2

I have just had a claim rejected. My phone was stolen, I completed everything required for the claim. I felt it was a pretty robust case and they would honour the point of there existence and replace my phone. But no, they claim I did not take enough measures to protect my property (phone) and rejected my claim, and rejected it again following an appeal.

Its obvious to me why they are the cheapest on the market, because I presume they reject the majority of claims. Steer clear, €6 a month for their best package was too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I've Vodafone insurance and I'm thinking of cancelling it and going for mobilecover. I work in the mobile phone retail industry and as far as I can see its underwritten by Zurick insurance too. When I was with 02 it was also underwritten by Zurick insurance too and we always found 02's insurance good to deal with. There are always get out clauses in insurance so it could've been one word that threw your claim off unfortunately. I'm thinking of cancelling my Vodafone one becuase I've had a few friends claims rejected which shouldnt have and they wouldnt cover my claim last June. They're now sending out refurbished phones not new ones. I know the terms say like for like replacement but chill.ie, mobilecover.ie and the third company I was looking at whose name escapes me right now all are underwritten by Zurick Insurance and I asked mobilecover and they send out brand new replacements and said once all paperwork is received your claim will be accepted/rejected within 24hours.

That said I only spotted them a month ago so I havent taken the plunge yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mccarrd2

They may be underwritten by Zurich but they assess the claims themselves and I reckon rarley submit claims to Zurich, thus being able to provide the cheapest premiums.

My advise is pay the extra 3 - 5 yoyo a month elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Katie13

Please for your own sanity don't get out insurance with this company it's an absolute disgrace they will make up any excuse to delay the process and to try and catch you out. Sent them in the information correct the first time but they still wanted more that took 2 weeks. From then it took a 6 weeks to get my phone back and the person I was talking to had the cheek to tell me that's how long claims take. Stay well clear cancelled mine as soon as I got the phone back couldn't be dealing with a shower of wasters

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kemu

stay well clear, it took me 3 weeks to get my phone back, promised on a daily basis that it was on the way to me, and all i kept hearing was "I apolagise for the delay". They are worse than useless!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

I wouldn't support any company that has such bloody annoying radio ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mootski

Mobilecover.ie told me that my phone wasn't covered because I purchased it online.
    I can't see anywhere in their terms and conditions where this is stated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 FrenchTractors

MobileCover.ie are a joke!! It took over a month to get a replacement phone even though I supplied all the information requested! My complaint was rejected too and I had to look up information from the Central Bank (who they are regulated by) and I sent this to them and they eventually processed my claim! I complained to them in writing about 2 months ago but they never responded. I am now in the process of making a complaint against them with the Financial Services Ombudsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 orandy

Avoid like the plague. They have now had my phone for 5.5 weeks for a minor fault with the power button. It apparently took three weeks for their technicians to decide they couldn't repair it, and sent it to HTC. Staff on phone are apparently now "unable" to contact their own technicians and emails go unanswered. Really really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Bunch of cowboys!! I recently said nice things about them as the only people I know of who'd claimed had to wait extra time to receive their phones due to it being a brand new model.

However, the other half lost her phone 2 weeks ago and still hasn't got a definite answer to her claim.

Here's a timeline of events:

Monday : phone lost around lunchtime. It was switched off and barred about an hour later when she got home. Insurance co notified of loss. Forms were emailed to her and filled in that day. Insurance co tells her 2-3 working days to sort out fully.

Tuesday: got email from Vodafone to price phone was blacklisted. All docs scanned and emailed yo Mobile cover. Called them later in the day to make suire they had received it and they had.

Wednesday: nothing and weren't really expecting anything.

Thursday: she called them in the morning and was told should be sorted by close of business and somebody would ring her. Call never came

Friday: she rang again and was told they needed more info about the loss and that they'd post her out a form to fill in. She asked if it could be emailed and after a bit if persuasion he emailed the form, to be scanned and emailed back. Still no word Friday evening.

Mon,tues,wed: repeated calls to them and still no decision. Rep on Monday said he'd received extra info, Tuesday rep hadn't and Wednesday rep had it..

Thursday: rang and was promised a decision by end of day. Never came.

Friday: as above

Today : I'm ringing and I'll be unleashing world war 3...

In the end she bought a new handset and insured it with carphone warehouse. I feel sorry for anyone who relies on insurance like this and wouldn't be in a position to buy anew handset.2 weeks is a joke and it looks like it'll be the guts of this week too if its to be sorted out...

My advice stay away..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mandjauk

Please People avoid mobilecover.ie, they are a disgrace quick to take your money but always looking for a way not to pay and fing loophole. asking for unreasonnable request even when that wasnt stated in the T&C. i ve sent them everything they asked but so far it is still with the assesor 2 weeks later while they faulsy brag that they will resolve issues within 24hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

mandjauk wrote: »
    Please People avoid mobilecover.ie, they are a disgrace quick to take your money but always looking for a way not to pay and fing loophole. asking for unreasonnable request even when that wasnt stated in the T&C. i ve sent them everything they asked but so far it is still with the assesor 2 weeks later while they faulsy brag that they will resolve issues within 24hours.

Three and a half weeks we were waiting!!! Good luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bogawesome

I actually thaught mobilecover was good. Cracked my screen. Got phone back and it only took 9 working days. So happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭puddles59

STAY WELL AWAY. my phone is now with theses cowboys 9 weeks even though its supposed to take 7-10 days best joke yet. As 4 the so called manager <Name removed> he dosent even have the decency to reply to either e mail or phone. Im going to see if the ombusman can help me before i end up in hospital with high bp.They are a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 89kk

My experience with mobilecover.ie has been totally shocking since I sent my phone in for repair 4 weeks ago. I have called them daily to check and see when my phone will be returned only to given feeble excuses and further requests for more information. I have never dealt with a company so unprofessional as mobilecover before and I am shocked that a company such as Zurich are associated with them. When and if I ever get my phone back I will be changing to a reputable insurance company. Stay well clear of them for your own sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carroll87

Stay well away from this company! They canceled my policy due to a missed DD and I asked them for weeks to continue the policy and I would make the necessary payments. Never got a reply. So I have now switched to another phone insurance company. Not sure if any of these can be trusted! Anyway www.mobilecover.iehttp://www.mobilecover.ie got my money for a year then dumped my policy! Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Ok so this thread has established mobilecover may not be best insurance to go for, but who is the gf just got a s4 and want to get it insured proto at a reasonable monthly rate, was going to go for mobilecover but after reading these posts i dont think so. any one suggest any good alternatives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Has anybody a recommendation of a 'good' insurance company?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

mootski wrote: »
    Mobilecover.ie told me that my phone wasn't covered because I purchased it online.
    I can't see anywhere in their terms and conditions where this is stated.

just out of interest did you chase this up!?!? Surely that is illegal what they have done here?!?

Just wondering as i purchased my phone online (as id imagine most do nowadays) and i cannot see anywhere that this would affect cover??

Did you buy off an unrepatable source ie: done deal or ebay???

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mootski

hoopyhoopy wrote: »
    just out of interest did you chase this up!?!? Surely that is illegal what they have done here?!?

Just wondering as i purchased my phone online (as id imagine most do nowadays) and i cannot see anywhere that this would affect cover??

Did you buy off an unrepatable source ie: done deal or ebay???

I did follow it up, I hounded them in fact..i had to supply them with the invoice, and in addition I had to chase the company (simply electronics) for their original shipping date, which I did not receive a copy. All told it was a nightmare, so hold on to your invoices etc ! But eventually they honoured my claim!

Advertisement