Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows...

Options
  • 12-10-2012 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

we are doing a new build in Galway with a lot of windows - we are looking at alu-clad for all windows, triple glazed and we also have three big sliding doors. Any advice on pricing - got a quote today that nearly 50% more than our budget :(

Is is worth going to UK / Northern Ireland?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to Prices/costs

• Registered Users Posts: 11 podgecase

hi. just recently purchased our windows. In our case (double glazed pvc) munster joinery were by far the best value even offered triple glazed for North facing window. We didn't go with them in the end decided to give it to a local supplier biggest mistake ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

podgecase wrote: »
    hi. just recently purchased our windows. In our case (double glazed pvc) munster joinery were by far the best value even offered triple glazed for North facing window. We didn't go with them in the end decided to give it to a local supplier biggest mistake ever.

Got munster joiner windows put in before. They are cheaper but they are low in quality

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

http://www.diamondwindowsolutions.com/

Highly recommend this crowd from the North, recently had all windows replaced + door + 2 sets of french doors.

Price was less than half of what I was quoted by keane windows, and these guys even organised for a wall to be knocked down for us included in that price.

Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 YMCA

Personally used Weatherglaze. A brown PVC window. We had 25 windows and three doors and they were extremely competitive at €6,500. Made order and received in 13 days. O'Grady's are close to you in Mayo and are also good value and a solid window.

Thats just my own scenario and may differ for other people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭owen85

i havent seen that many responses to the quality of the windows and doors from weatherglaze in gorey. i was going to go with regency windows who with out doubt have a quality product but am now considering the weatherglaze. going to get sliding sash windows, casement windows and front and rear door...pvc windows and probably a composite door for the front and pvc for the rear....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

owen85 wrote: »
    i havent seen that many responses to the quality of the windows and doors from weatherglaze in gorey. i was going to go with regency windows who with out doubt have a quality product but am now considering the weatherglaze. going to get sliding sash windows, casement windows and front and rear door...pvc windows and probably a composite door for the front and pvc for the rear....

I also used weather glaze. best price at the time and the windows are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭owen85

thanks handlemaster.
    i heard of some problems with them, ie damaged windows and doors. some thought this may have occurred during transportation. did you have any such problems? also, i lve in Dublin and presume as they only fit locally, i would have to get my own guy to fit them. before with other companies (m.joinery if my memory serves me correctly) that if you get your own guy to fit their windows and anything goes wrong in the future, youre warranty my be worth nothing as the manufacturer can say it was the fitter that caused the problem and vice versa.

anyone have any comments on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

owen85 wrote: »
    thanks handlemaster.
    i heard of some problems with them, ie damaged windows and doors. some thought this may have occurred during transportation. did you have any such problems? also, i lve in Dublin and presume as they only fit locally, i would have to get my own guy to fit them. before with other companies (m.joinery if my memory serves me correctly) that if you get your own guy to fit their windows and anything goes wrong in the future, youre warranty my be worth nothing as the manufacturer can say it was the fitter that caused the problem and vice versa.

anyone have any comments on this?
    Most companies theses days will travel to install. I wouldn't go too far out of the local area, unless it's a national crowd, as you may have to wait until they are in the area or pay a surgecharge for a call out if the windows need adjusting etc unless of course the windows are bespoke

Advertisement