Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cot beds

Options
  • 12-10-2012 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

So we're working away on our list of things to buy and we just don't seem to be getting anywhere with choosing a cot bed.

Suggestions please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

We got ours from Kiddicare online and had it delivered. It's a solid pine one - Baby Weavers brand. Found it very easy to put together and it's strong and looks nice. Very happy with it. We got a Sleepsafe, pocket sprung, mattress for it elsewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Silent80

I bought a cot/bed for my son 140x70, at this moment he is 2 years old and together with my wife we decided to take off the security of bed. In this way we have a bed for an older child, and about 100euro in your pocket. This is the best option for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

We have the mamas and papas ocean one. Expensive but our second child is now in it & I'm expecting our third who will also be on it. It's as good as new & is a great size when converted into a bed.

I have bought the cot/bed in Poland and if you want I can sent some pictures, how it looks like on your email. My son is 2 years old and and this moment we have changed cot into the bed. Manufacturer added a short wooden sides of the beds, so I am sure that my son will not fall down of bed - it works.
    When I was buying the cot/bed I couldn't find anywhere in Ireland, now I have found same , if you need I can post some link for you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you plan more then 1 child I would just get a cot.
    We got ours from kiddicare too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I have a mama's and Papa's cot bed,that hasn't been used yet, its going up this evening! But another good website that I bought a few mattresses off for the cot bed and travel is www.heymama.ie,I found it very reasonable for the two mattresses. Might be worth a look!

In Mamas and Papas you will find beautiful products, but VERY expensive. Since I have got the information that same cots are coming from PPM Polish Company, other ones they have it from China Manufacture, and the margin on the cots in the store believe me is very high, I stopped to look at the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Silent80 wrote: »
    In Mamas and Papas you will find beautiful products, but VERY expensive. Since I have got the information that same cots are coming from PPM Polish Company, other ones they have it from China Manufacture, and the margin on the cots in the store believe me is very high, I stopped to look at the brand.
    Yeah Mama's and Papas are quite expensive alright, I just got the measurements and bout my mattress off the site I posted above!

Advertisement