Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware Of Christians

Options
  • 12-10-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

Watched this doc last night on netflix (the US one), pretty interesting viewing, four American college students who are Christians head to Europe for a trip around different countries to see what Christianity means outside of the Americanised version they've been brought up with.
    Its interesting to see how their views change away from Christianity being about looking nice in church, thinking god is going to help you get that car you want or job you think to deserve and how America seems to be missing the point of it altogether in modern times, and how saying/thinking you're a Christian and behaving like one are two completely different things. Refreshingly honest look at modern Christianity you probably don't get many Americans doing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I watched some of it. To be honest, I had to turn it off for the simple reason that their 'journey' was pointless.

I never felt at any time that they questioned their belief(in terms of whether it was true or not) and the journey only came across as them reaffirming their faith, rather than contemplating whether it was just a load of bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It does do a good job of ridiculing their appalling lack of knowledge outside of all things American. "We're here in Piccadilly Circus!" (standing beside the London Eye)

Advertisement