Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sketch with Two punks in wheelchairs.RTE kids tv late 80's.

Options
  • 12-10-2012 10:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember this recurring sketch with two punks in wheelchairs who would vomit on passersby?It was on one of RTE's Saturday morning kids shows.It must have been either Pajos Junkbox or that other show the title which momenteraly escapes me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

darkdubh wrote: »
    Anyone remember this recurring sketch with two punks in wheelchairs who would vomit on passersby?It was on one of RTE's Saturday morning kids shows.It must have been either Pajos Junkbox or that other show the title which momenteraly escapes me.

I think one of the actors was a man named Tom O'Brien, he may have written the sketches.
    That's all I can do for you.
    Hope this helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

9959 wrote: »
    I think one of the actors was a man named Tom O'Brien, he may have written the sketches.
    That's all I can do for you.
    Hope this helps.
    Nice one thank's.One of the sketches had them hiding down an alley and puking all over a Ban Garda when she passed and another had them in court.I think it might have been called simply "The Punks" and the title caption had a cartoon type picture of a punk mooning. Pretty bizarre stuff they used to show to kids then ,I can't imagine it going down too well now.

Nice one thank's.One of the sketches had them hiding down an alley and puking all over a Ban Garda when she passed and another had them in court.I think it might have been called simply "The Punks" and the title caption had a cartoon type picture of a punk mooning. Pretty bizarre stuff they used to show to kids then ,I can't imagine it going down too well now.

I vaguely remember one sketch, where the two punks - one with a giant-sized ghetto blaster on his shoulder - are on a urban graffitied basketball court, amoungst a crowd of younger kids shouting and 'milling around'.
    The larger punk shouts:"Shut-up everyone, it's coming on'
    Silence ensues, as the punks move closer to the ghetto blaster to listen attentively.
    Then we hear the rebellious sound of the signature to the Gay Byrne radio show, with the punks clicking their fingers in time to the dreary beat.
    Not bad for its time I suppose.
    Not a million miles away from what David McSavage might do now, though in the background he'd probably have a priestophile snatching a kid.

The above might seem quite detailed for something vaguely remembered, but you know how these things work, the whole sketch was probably about 10 seconds in duration.

9959 wrote: »
    I vaguely remember one sketch, where the two punks - one with a giant-sized ghetto blaster on his shoulder - are on a urban graffitied basketball court, amoungst a crowd of younger kids shouting and 'milling around'.
    The larger punk shouts:"Shut-up everyone, it's coming on'
    Silence ensues, as the punks move closer to the ghetto blaster to listen attentively.
    Then we hear the rebellious sound of the signature to the Gay Byrne radio show, with the punks clicking their fingers in time to the dreary beat.
    Not bad for its time I suppose.
    Not a million miles away from what David McSavage might do now, though in the background he'd probably have a priestophile snatching a kid.

The above might seem quite detailed for something vaguely remembered, but you know how these things work, the whole sketch was probably about 10 seconds in duration.
    Ha ha ,I don't rememeber that particular one.Now that I think of it they might have been played by the same two fellas who did Bric N Brax Nic Nax(remember that?) from Pajos Junkbox.

Ha ha ,I don't rememeber that particular one.Now that I think of it they might have been played by the same two fellas who did Bric N Brax Nic Nax(remember that?) from Pajos Junkbox.

The titles mentioned above do ring bells, unfortunately dim and distant memories.
    Too much alcohol between then and now I'm ashamed to say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

They were on Scratch Saturday, if I remember rightly

The plot thickens.
    Apparently the Tom O'Brien who I mentioned in an earlier post, played in a band called 'The Mountain Climbers'.
    It's time for Lieutenant Columbo!

I was thinking about this again. I think there might have been three punks. The title was possibly spelt "The Punx" in the title sequence. In the sketch where they're vomiting on the Ban Garda they're trying to get away and somehow come undone, the Ban Garda then says to them Dirty Harry style, "go ahead punks, make my day". No trace of it on Youtube sadly.

Bric N Bracs Nic-Nax starts at the 23.45 mark. I'm almost certain it was the same two guys and possibly a third (not the professor guy who also appears here).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^

what day of the week & time was that show broadcast? can't recall it

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

Saturday mornings, I think.

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

According to this Saturday mornings from 1986-88.

https://stillslibrary.rte.ie/indexplus/image/2164/032.html

Advertisement