Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace gearbox g&g raider

Options
  • 11-10-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Ok I have the bug after doing the tight bore and hopup I've also put an ultimate metal hop up chamber so now I'm thinking if front wiring the battery and use a peq.

I know I can take my existing gearbox apart and just move the wires to the front, the housings of the gear boxes are in general made for front and rear wiring. Is it worth just replacing the g&g box and if so what would you folks suggest?

Also while I have her open should I consider doing anything to the trigger? Replacing the trigger contacts was mentioned but I've no idea what that means. Or for that matter any other changes that are straight forward?

The front wiring idea was simply because the rear stock on the raider is pants, it's fat like the legs of a pool table and means when I wear full face protection my Acog is really just for show and after what I paid I'd like to use that sight more so a thinner stock would be ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Just use a stock tube lipo, and you can still use any stock that you want - best of both worlds, and less work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

Inari wrote: »
    Just use a stock tube lipo, and you can still use any stock that you want - best of both worlds, and less work :)
    Lipo wouldn't make mince of the gears or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Faolchu wrote: »
    Lipo wouldn't make mince of the gears or anything?

not if you use a 7.4 with a decent C rating :). also you won't get a standard Version 2 gearbox in the Raider's body due to the blowback.

T4RGET wrote:

not if you use a 7.4 with a decent C rating :). also you won't get a standard Version 2 gearbox in the Raider's body due to the blowback.
    bugger forgot about that. Ok so lipo is the easiest option time to hit the stores

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

T4RGET wrote: »
    :). also you won't get a standard Version 2 gearbox in the Raider's body due to the blowback.

Yes you will get a standard gearbox into a G&G Raider body, I have done it on 3 occasions with no problems

You will NOT get a Raider gearbox into a Standard M4 body due to the height of the Blowback cylinder on top of the Raider gearbox

• Advertisement

DeBurca wrote: »

Yes you will get a standard gearbox into a G&G Raider body, I have done it on 3 occasions with no problems

You will NOT get a Raider gearbox into a Standard M4 body due to the height of the Blowback cylinder on top of the Raider gearbox

Does that then disable the blowback?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Faolchu wrote: »
    Does that then disable the blowback?

The blow back cylinder that drives the faux bolt is attached to the top of the Raider gearbox and is only compatable with that gearbox shell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

DeBurca wrote: »

hmm that would make sense :)

Advertisement