Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are curses real?

Options
  • 11-10-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I am totally brand new to this forum and i know this question will probably be automatically dismissed because of this but i need some help and i am not sure where to start.

A long time ago, before i was born, my mam told me that a witch put a curse on her and her family (parents and sibblings). I never took much notice of it until now.

The last year of my life has been horrible (and no it is not down to the recession and everyone having a hard time - i have a full time job and no money worries). Its just that really bad things seem to be happening to me and people who are close to me.

Is this just a coincidence or could this curse be real? How can i go about finding out if i am cursed? Is there anyone i can see?

Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭maguffin

You might first try to find out what exactly was the curse...how it was worded...its content. Someone in your family must know about it and what was said. You might then be able reconcile it with what is happening in your life at the moment and in doing so change your life.

As to whether curses are real or not really depends on the person being cursed...are they emotionally and psyschologically vunerable at the time of cursing...if they are, then it becomes very real for them and through fear and superstition end up sub-consciously fulfilling the curse. Others will just ignore the situation and not be affected by it.

So do some research and become better informed...then you will be able to act more decisevely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

maguffin wrote: »
    You might first try to find out what exactly was the curse...how it was worded...its content. Someone in your family must know about it and what was said. You might then be able reconcile it with what is happening in your life at the moment and in doing so change your life.

As to whether curses are real or not really depends on the person being cursed...are they emotionally and psyschologically vunerable at the time of cursing...if they are, then it becomes very real for them and through fear and superstition end up sub-consciously fulfilling the curse. Others will just ignore the situation and not be affected by it.

So do some research and become better informed...then you will be able to act more decisevely.

Yep. Look up confirmation bias too, it seems to be playing a strong part here.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

Like all magic curses have more effect if the recipient believes in its power. Previous replies offer sound advice, in addition to that: If you are indeed cursed that does not mean that you do not have the ability to break it yourself, either through a ritual or sheer power of will. In the meantime while you look into its origin do your best not to think about it affecting you and live your life as fully as possible.

Advertisement