Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Vivi Nova

Options
  • 11-10-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Got a couple of these from ESi delivered today and quickly tried it out.

A couple of things:

The center column in the tank of it is not centered, so I took it apart and made sure nothing was cross threaded, (it's not), so the top of it doesn't align right with the top cap/drip tip, can't seem to bend it back into place either.

Basically it will leak from the top if left on it's side, and I notice when I try to vape from it, that a tiny bit of vapour sink back down into the tank..(it's actually kinda cool looking).

Is this one screwed (pun intended) or what?

Also, I'm noticing a slight metallic taste from the vape, might just need to be broken in a bit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Actually, now I look closly at the second one, it's the same also.

Doesn't align in the middle of the tank, leaving a .5 to 1mm gap at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Metallic taste=new coil.

As for the rest, explain and ask for a replacement. Ask them to check that the replacement doesn't suffer from the same.

Thanks grindle, I'll drop wingnut an email.

finished off the 1ml I put in it there and the metallic is gone alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Oh god, I just ordered one of these, hopefully dont have these issues. The ego-c drove me absolutely around the bend. Thankfully I had some clearomizers. I was going off all the positives for the latest standard size vivi nova and assumed it would be similar quality. I only went for the mini as the wider collars that fit the smoktech dct and the nova were not in stock, that will teach me for caring so much about aesthetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I got one today and it's fine. No leaks, fills easy, no metallic taste. Come to think of it, no taste or TH.
    I had heard so much good stuff about Vivis but I'm disappointed then again I've been using the dripper for the last week and may be spoiled for flavor and TH.
    I;ll see how it goes when I re coil it but I don't want to do that until it dies and it wont die if I don't use it and I wont use it if it don't work the way I like. :(
    Still it looks good on an ego with the new skull drip tip :)
    I'm a bit contrary today:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

That's the problem with dripping. When you get used to it, nothing else compares.

I've a Bulli tank and it vapes fine but lacks the 'punch' and flavour of the RDA too.

I got mine last week. All was good, no problems for the most part. Found the taste great, nice throat hit, thinking of ordering a few more along with the big nova.
    Today though I refilled the nova mini and there seems to be absolutely no flavour, vapour seems fine. Its odd, although its probably born of my sleepy ineptitude. Using wingnuts chocolate coconut (which i love), was absolutely fine previously. But the liquid does seem to have a strange consistency, so maybe its not the best choice for the nova. Nut juice seemed to hit better and have more consistent flavour.
    But theres always the possibility these inconsistencies are in my own head.

Oh and theyre very easy to fill which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I find any juice which is really sweet does not work great with a mini nova, after a couple of fills you are left with a gummy residue so it does suck the flavour out. The T2 is far better for sweet juices but it still gums after a while.

Took apart the mini vivi nova this evening to try to stop it leaking, after putting it back together, I found it was worse, totally crooked inside, tried some cigarillos in there and there's something very wrong with it. dry , nasty tasting hit. :confused:

Will try it with another head tomorrow.

Did you ever figure out the vapour getting stuck in the vivi nova tank?
    This is happening to me now with my mini nova. And lots of leaking. They have completely emptied while on the way to work on one occasion. Checked for cracks and threading issues cant find any. Rather strange.

The vapour getting trapped in there seems to be creating an extremely harsh hit for whatever reason, whatever juice i use (mini coughing fits). When it doesnt get stuck in there, its smooth.

My previous vivi mini worked perfectly, until i dropped it while drunk :p. This one is from ESI too, so maybe they got a bad lot or something. Will try a new tube when it arrives.

• Advertisement

Never got that one fixed, just the centre post was crooked from the start.

When all put together, there was a hairline crack in the top where the cap didn't line up with the rubber grommet part and that the vapor trickled back down into the tank.

Although it vaped fine, it did leak slowly from the crack.

I tried a replacement head, no joy so I just discarded that one in the end.

Pop off the drip tip and look down, check if the hole is aligned dead centre of the post below. If it is, then it's unlikley to be leaking from the top imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I've had two Mini Viva Novas going for nearly 3 months now. Still no leaks from the endcap/plastic tank interfaces. One just needs to be gentle when screwing them back on so as not to risk crossthreading.

When I do lose a tankfull of juice to my pocket lining its because I've bent down in a particular way or bumped against something and I've torqued the Vivi and the bottom threaded knurled piece has pulled off the baseplate (the flat bottom with the battery post). The flat bottom is not threaded onto the rest of the bottom piece. Its push fit with a silicone o-ring seal.

Vapour in the tank is a sign that the centre post is crooked and the atomiser head silicone top is not sealing around the hole in the endcap/driptip.

Crooked Centre post is a sign that the bottom piece is pulling off the flat baseplate.

Just hold your battery and push down on the vivi to push the rest of it flat/flush with the baseplate again.

I've dropped mine on hard surfaces from counter height 4 or 5 times. Still no cracks or leaks. As I said, the only time mine leaks is when its in my pocket and I torque the rest of the vivi off the baseplate. Pushing it back on gives me a perfect leak free seal again.

The only problem I have had with my mini vivi is bad atomiser heads giving a permanent burnt taste. I didn't realise that a head is only dead when it burns out. I thought when the taste disappeared it was for the bin. Thats what I did with my first lot. Binned them :D Then I discovered that you only bin them when they stop heating, that the tastes muting is resolved by cleaning. So I was all set to merely clean the next batch of heads when needed. However that next batch of heads all tasted burnt from the getgo. Looks like merely a bad batch however as I got another pack of 5 a few days ago and the first two heads were perfect. Taste is starting to get muted now though so I'll be swapping in the next 2 and cleaning the first two.

In short even though I've been using my Mini Vivis for nearly 3 months I've actually only ran any given head for at most 2 weeks. Thats with no manintenace of them however. I anticipate the new batch lasting months though with proper maintenance.

Purevapour had a good tip that I never saw mentioned here. Start on a low voltage and work your way up. If you start on a high voltage you risk irrepairably burning the wicks leaving a permanent burnt taste. That could also explain my 'Bad batch' of heads.

Interesting tip on the low voltage start.

Thanks for the help to the two of ye, I was having a nose at it again today in work and its definitely not bent, but strangely there seems to be a gap between the top cap and the silicone cap. Which would explain it all. I originally thought the tube had a tiny crack so ordered another one. Although I just love having a few colours for these anyway so no bother.

I think ill dump the Freedom Juice (ugh, perfume vape at its best, or talcum powder? Help! :p) And compare it to one of the spare heads I have. It seems really weird. Is the ESI mini and full size of an older revision (V2.5?) as I have seen on most other sites the heads seem to be recommended to be interchangeable.
    Ya their longevity is great I have to agree, but I do find them inconsistent at times. I cant wait for my sexy green Jtank to arrive, only posted two days ago :(

On the subject of weird delivery systems, I have a stardust style clearo with a rather bent tube that works fantastically :p I thought the centre was off for ages despite it vaping perfectly, then i realise it was the tube was bent :P

Advertisement