Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rift - Storm Legion Expansion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone want a beta key for this? Won't have time to play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

If you still have it I would love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Infinity edition can be gotten at GMG for around €33, Bundle for €26 and just the expansion for €19 with code GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S

http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=storm+legion

Open beta available for the next few days.

Details at:
    http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/beta/

I have been playing with HK armor and find that the expansion is suitably difficult. Probably too much for a fresh level 50.

Really looking forward to the release of it on the 13th. Many a hour will be lost :)

So the last weekend before the expansion is released.

I have been just getting a few alts ready and getting enough platinum together for the new mounts for my main and alts.

Anyone else looking forward to it?

• Advertisement

Does anyone want 30 days free game time? I got it from Raptr however it only applies to new accounts so is no use to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im hearing good reports about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Guild Wars 2 wet my appetite for a new MMO but the end game let me down. I'm also hearing good things about this!

For anyone that's playing, what's end game like? How does gearing up work? Is it all through dungeons and raids? What's the PvP like?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Big Knox wrote: »
    Guild Wars 2 wet my appetite for a new MMO but the end game let me down. I'm also hearing good things about this!

For anyone that's playing, what's end game like? How does gearing up work? Is it all through dungeons and raids? What's the PvP like?

I played the game for ages but quit about 10 months back,endgame is very solid.
    Probably the closest to wow in terms of endgame content amount than any other mmo out there.
    Yes you gear up through different tiers of dungeons and raids.

It's great. So much more content and game mechanics in the expansion. I would reccomend it 100%

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    I played the game for ages but quit about 10 months back,endgame is very solid.
    Probably the closest to wow in terms of endgame content amount than any other mmo out there.
    Yes you gear up through different tiers of dungeons and raids.

I think that's what I'm looking for being honest. Even WoW seems to have moved away from gearing up through 5 mans which I loved about Vanilla WoW.

Even if I got a few months out of it I think it would be worth it. I can't say I would be looking forward to the levelling though if it's similar to WoW's.

GW2 leveling with said end game would keep me immensely happy!! :pac:

I think that's what I'm looking for being honest. Even WoW seems to have moved away from gearing up through 5 mans which I loved about Vanilla WoW.

Even if I got a few months out of it I think it would be worth it. I can't say I would be looking forward to the levelling though if it's similar to WoW's.

GW2 leveling with said end game would keep me immensely happy!! :pac:

I have a 30 day new account code if you would like it?

Limericks wrote: »
    I have a 30 day new account code if you would like it?

Yeah that would be great mate please. Will I still need to buy the game afterwards or just add a subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

One week into SL and it has been great so far. Visually stunning and end game looks promising with gearing up paths for raiders and non-raiders alike. Dungeons (the few new ones i've been in so far) mechanics are cool, some of the story quests are most engaging (while all being soloable so far (I'm 58/60). More crafts, rifts, raid rifts and stuff I haven't seen yet lol. Two raids are already life, one 10 and 20 ppl, in addition to expert dungeons. It will be some time for casual guilds to get to the raid content, while the hardcore guilds are already chewing through 10 ppl raids and taking a bite out of the 20 pp as well.
    Levelling has been streamlined a good bit (you can level through questing, Instant Adventures (auto-grouping short quest sequences), Rifts, Pvp and/or a mixture of all) in the last few months and shouldn't take you too long. A guildie started 9 days ago and is now 51 and happily plowing ahead.
    Icewatch is the busiest PvE EU PvE server (with all that entails, some queues, a bit of lag). Argent (where I play on) is the RP server, and while low-pop, has a great, friendly community.

morgana wrote: »
    One week into SL and it has been great so far. Visually stunning and end game looks promising with gearing up paths for raiders and non-raiders alike. Dungeons (the few new ones i've been in so far) mechanics are cool, some of the story quests are most engaging (while all being soloable so far (I'm 58/60). More crafts, rifts, raid rifts and stuff I haven't seen yet lol. Two raids are already life, one 10 and 20 ppl, in addition to expert dungeons. It will be some time for casual guilds to get to the raid content, while the hardcore guilds are already chewing through 10 ppl raids and taking a bite out of the 20 pp as well.
    Levelling has been streamlined a good bit (you can level through questing, Instant Adventures (auto-grouping short quest sequences), Rifts, Pvp and/or a mixture of all) in the last few months and shouldn't take you too long. A guildie started 9 days ago and is now 51 and happily plowing ahead.
    Icewatch is the busiest PvE EU PvE server (with all that entails, some queues, a bit of lag). Argent (where I play on) is the RP server, and while low-pop, has a great, friendly community.

I have been thinking of moving to Argent from icewatch recently as my guild has sort of fizzled and the community is not exactly the best (wow is the first mmo every 10 minutes in chat starting an argument, rubbish like that)

I am only level 51 as I have not had a chance to spend too much time in game in the past week or two.

I would be looking for a friendly guild there, any reccomendations?

I am Officer in Wolf-Pack, an international, casual, mature & friendly guild. We'd be happy to have you, we have been on Argent like forever :P. and are one of the most active guilds around. We are a raiding guild but by no means the fastest nor do we want to be.
    We now have 2 lvl 60s and more will follow next week (me included) so we will start on experts and gearing up :P for the first lot :P
    More info here http://www.wolf-pack.dk/

If you are interested, give me a shout (Moiran in-game)

morgana wrote: »
    I am Officer in Wolf-Pack, casual, mature and friendly guild. We'd be happy to have you, we have been on Argent like forever :P. and are one of the most active guilds on the shard. We are a raiding guild but by no means the fastest nor do we want to be.
    We now have 2 lvl 60s and more will follow next week (me included) so we will start on experts and gearing up :P for the first lot :P
    If you are interested, give me a shout (Moiran in-game)

Sounds great! I will be on tomorrow and send you a message :)

I was usualyl on for about 4-5 hours per day pre storm legion but havent had the time the last few weeks to play and level :(

Love raiding so should fit in well in the guild!

Anywho, I shall transfer tomorrow and take it from there :)

Great ! Talk to you tomorrow. I should be on intermittently during the day and from about 8.30ish

The class / souls system seems very confusing. I had spent alot of time looking at each of the individual souls and thinking about what 3 I was going to take (going cleric) but then I get to making my character last night and I get stuck picking a purpose instead which seems to be a preset build of 3 souls.

Can you no longer pick the souls you want to? I assume you can probably change later on but the wiki is a bit vague with this info. Could someone break it down for me please? :o

I've gone for the Thunderer purpose as I like the thought of being melee DPS for solo leveling but ultimately I want to heal at end game! (If I stick with it and get there :p)

The class / souls system seems very confusing. I had spent alot of time looking at each of the individual souls and thinking about what 3 I was going to take (going cleric) but then I get to making my character last night and I get stuck picking a purpose instead which seems to be a preset build of 3 souls.

Can you no longer pick the souls you want to? I assume you can probably change later on but the wiki is a bit vague with this info. Could someone break it down for me please? :o

I've gone for the Thunderer purpose as I like the thought of being melee DPS for solo leveling but ultimately I want to heal at end game! (If I stick with it and get there :p)

You can still make your own custom classes, Just click on the soul symbols on a preset or I think it is close when selecting a present.

You can also have multiple builds which can be purchased from the trainers allowing you to quickly switch between them at any point(Outside of combat).

• Advertisement

You can still make your own custom classes, Just click on the soul symbols on a preset or I think it is close when selecting a present.

You can also have multiple builds which can be purchased from the trainers allowing you to quickly switch between them at any point(Outside of combat).

Just had a go at creating another character there but I have no option for that. It just gives me the list of 5 purposes, with very little info on each and no option to select anything outside of the list.

It's probably because I'm on the level 20 free trial.

Just had a go at creating another character there but I have no option for that. It just gives me the list of 5 purposes, with very little info on each and no option to select anything outside of the list.

If you click the x at the top right of the purposes window you can choose your own souls and build it however you want.

You talking about this?

iFZLU.png

Disregard it, When in game press 'n' to bring up the soul window and you should be able to change the souls by clicking on their icons(As long as you did not put points into the one you want replaced). Additionally you can reset at a trainer and/or purchase additional spec slots so you are never tied to a single role:)

Thanks for the replies, got it sorted. Now to find time to play and get a few levels!!

Finally got to give this a lash last night and I have to say first impressions are good. It's quite clearly a WoW clone but it plays great and the class system looks really interesting. Playing a melee Cleric and liking the playstyle so far!

Was very surprised that all the PvP servers look to be dead. Ended up rolling on the high pop english pve server!

i.e. Icewatch :P (where everybody and their dog/cat is including a high troll pop :P. - Argent ftw) The PvP shards are depopulated as you cannot have cross-faction guilds and loose out on some other benefits as well since the factions are no longer openly hostile but have a truce fighting Crucia and the Storm Legion (since patch 1.9 iirc).

Advertisement