Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reintroduction of European Bison to Germany Imminent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

That is fantastic news. Had two great (albeit a little scary) encounters with wild animals in Germany in the past, and the idea of someday being back in Germany and seeing a bison, from a distance, roaming freely is something that really appeals to me in the same manner as when I first saw a White Tailed Sea Eagle in the wild in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

Absolutely. I think I'll find it hard not to look up flights to Germany when the reintroduction happens myself! It's a great reminder of the benefits of conservation and proof that it can all be worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,645 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

They are advanced plans to re-introduce this species to Northern Spain too. The Cantabrian Mtns in Northern Spain was identified as perfect habitat with wolves and bears already present:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

Oh, I hadn't heard about that. That's great news! Now I'll have to resist the temptation to go to Spain as well....

Advertisement