Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back button/history problems in safari

Options
  • 11-10-2012 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

this is a really weird problem i am having, that is intermittent as well.

i have a 2010 mbp, running 10.6.8, and all software is up to date under software updater.

this problem has existed for a while, but has got worse since the update at the weekend.

1. when searching google, say i go in and search one thing. don't find what i want, i'll type something else in. then i'll click onto a page. when i press back, it goes back to my first set of results, skipping the previous page i'd been on. <existed since before the latest update>

2. when going onto a page, say i am on flickr. i will start at flickr.com .. i'll click onto someone's photo... then i want to hit back to go back to the previous page, and the back button is grayed out! (this happens on any page, not just flickr) <existed since before the latest update>

3. when i am on boards here, i'll click onto a thread... scroll down to read. i'll go to hit back, and i'll have to hit back three times to get to the previous page! when you click and hold down the back button, it will show the thread title three times, and then show the forum title in which i came from. screenshot added. <existed only since the latest update>

as you can see, it's weird, as it's doing different things. has anybody experienced these issues?

or have a solution?

i have searched google, but couldn't find anything that had my exact problem. most people were saying "just swipe back" .. but old habits die hard!

thanks!

224031.png

Comments

Advertisement