Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil defence

Options
  • 11-10-2012 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Is anyone here a member of the civil defence?
    it seems like it might go hand in hand.

I like the idea of joining and think I could be of use to them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deerhound

It is something I have thought about too. At the moment I am not in a position to commit the time needed due to other commitments.
    I was doing some work recently in a place that they were training members and St. Johns Ambulance volunteers to act as second responders in case of chemical/hazardous materials accident. The idea being that they would free up first responders for other jobs on site. I had a chance to observe them and talk to the organiser and people training them. I was very impressed with the training and commitment they had.
    If you have the time I think it would be to everyones benifit to pick up as much training as possible in as many disciplines as possible especially first aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

I just seen on their facebook page they are recruiting sometime next month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Depending where you live the mountain rescue could be another option, more fun too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

i was in it for 4 weeks in early 2012, great volunteer organisation,just not my sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Good zombie bump!

Was there something specific you didn't gel with?

• Advertisement
Advertisement