Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safari back-swipe not working since 10.8.2 supplementary update

Options
  • 10-10-2012 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I installed the supplementary update to 10.8.2 tonight. Now I have noticed that when I use the two-finger gesture to move back and forth between web pages it doesn't work half the time. When it doesn't work it tries to bring me back to a blank page.

I haven't found anything searching Google. Any suggestions?

I've also asked this question over on the Apple support forums.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭talla

Also have the same problem on my Macbook Pro Retina.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I had this after I installed it but it seems to have gone away now. I also had the same problem with reopening windows from last session in the History menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Same here after update tonight. Seems to be worst here on Boards while using Firefox. No such problem while on Safari.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭talla

Same here after update tonight. Seems to be worst here on Boards while using Firefox. No such problem while on Safari.

I have the opposite problem, works in Chrome but not in Safari.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Literally just noticing this myself now while on Boards. Haven't really noticed a problem before this. Was thinking it was something changed on Boards behalf until I found this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

Same problem in Safari - seems to be mainly on Boards though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yup checked a few other regular sites I visit and they all act normally. Boards seems to be the only one effected.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

OpenDNS works well for this problem. add these and see if they help.
    system preference>network>advanced settings>DNS.
    add above to the DNS servers, click ok and apply.

Advertisement