Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Non-Shmup High Score thread

Options
  • 10-10-2012 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭

Well, we have a high score thread for shmups so why not for all the other lovely games (unless there is one I've missed).
    I guess any game on any system can go in here?
    So, I'll just leave the thread here and see if anyone wants to use it. You need to post a pic of the scores just like in the shmup high score thread.

I'm really trying to get better at Donkey Kong (arcade version) so I'll kick things off.

Donkey Kong: 65,300
    dsc2916b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 steve_wiebe

Managed to score a 1,064,500 in Donkey Kong (arcade version) there the other day. It's not the best in the world or anything, but a solid attempt IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Managed to score a 1,064,500 in Donkey Kong (arcade version) there the other day. It's not the best in the world or anything, but a solid attempt IMO.

Pic or GTFO. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Never mind a pic, he has a movie :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

So is this the real steve_wiebe or the troll steve_wiebe?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So is this the real steve_wiebe or the troll steve_wiebe?

Aren't they one and the same? :pac:

I'll add a Metal Slug score I took a photo of last year!

DSC_0723.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'll roll this out to the non-reaction I've become accustomed to. It's not impressive by any stretch, but if I'd put as much effort into any other area of life as I did this, I'd probably some sort of deity by now. It's on Marathon mode, instead of Endless.

1004744.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was always just glad to see the Buran take off on the regular, vanilla Tetris on my Gameboy, back in the day.
    So, you doing meth before you start, just to give you an edge when those high speed tetris shapes come a fallin' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Boulder Dash C64

Emulated on psp

Beat that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was always just glad to see the Buran take off on the regular, vanilla Tetris on my Gameboy, back in the day.
    So, you doing meth before you start, just to give you an edge when those high speed tetris shapes come a fallin' ?

You've to start off at level 20, or you get stuck with an end-score of around 400,000-500,000. It was actually motivated by one of the few things in life more powerful than methamphetamine: the Mrs. kept topping my original high-scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Boulder Dash C64

Emulated on psp

Beat that:D

You know the rules, pics pics pics :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement