Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Éireann route 126 - Naas to Dublin (old thread)

Options
  • 10-10-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Does anyone get a bus eireann bus from Naas to Dublin in the mornings? It says on the timetable that the 0730 gets to the Docklands station at 0825. Just wondering is this an accurate time? Also I'm wondering why the 0715 gets in at 0850, twenty five minutes later than the earlier bus? And why does it just go to O'Connell bridge, can you not stay on till bus aras. I will be trying to get into work for 830ish and I'll have 10 mins walk from bus aras.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,551 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It goes to DCU - there is a footnote on that service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

sarahv wrote: »
    Does anyone get a bus eireann bus from Naas to Dublin in the mornings? It says on the timetable that the 0730 gets to the Docklands station at 0825. Just wondering is this an accurate time? Also I'm wondering why the 0715 gets in at 0850, twenty five minutes later than the earlier bus? And why does it just go to O'Connell bridge, can you not stay on till bus aras. I will be trying to get into work for 830ish and I'll have 10 mins walk from bus aras.
    I can't say how punctual the buses are but the 7.15am bus travels through all the intermediate stops
    http://journeyplanner.buseireann.ie/jp/bin/traininfo.exe/en/54258/18748/54596/9212/86?ld=std&currentCSS=theme_be&seqnr=2&ident=6x.0502062.1349878597&&input=8013700&boardType=dep&time=06:00&maxJourneys=50&dateBegin=10-10-2012&dateEnd=21-12-2012&selectDate=period&productsFilter=0&dirInput=&backLink=sq&

While the 7.30 bus goes almost express to Kylemore Rd and Heuston Station then O'Connell street.
    http://journeyplanner.buseireann.ie/jp/bin/traininfo.exe/en/81381/27768/15422/19416/86?ld=std&currentCSS=theme_be&seqnr=2&ident=6x.0502062.1349878597&&input=8013700&boardType=dep&time=06:00&maxJourneys=50&dateBegin=10-10-2012&dateEnd=21-12-2012&selectDate=period&productsFilter=0&dirInput=&backLink=sq&

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahv

Thanks, so I wonder now if they actually get there at the time they say or if they are delayed in traffic? I know there's a bus lane a lot of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You could keep an eye on www.whensmybus.ie and input the stop beforehand to get an idea of when it should get to docklands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The green bus is probably cheaper then BE

• Advertisement

Yes, might be cheaper but would mean getting on luas at red cow and I think that would take longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭CIE

Funny that Dublin Bus does not serve Naas (32 km away), but serves Ballymore Eustace (a little over 39 km), Ballyknockan (about 46 km), Newcastle and Newtownmountkennedy in County Wicklow (about 40 km each), and of course Balbriggan (41 km).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

BX 19 wrote: »
    The green bus is probably cheaper then BE

Not for a 10 journey pass.

39.90 vs 50.00 [Green bus charge per trip]

I got the 126 today from Newbridge into Dublin today and expected to be dropped off at docklands station as per the timetable. The only issue with that is that the 126 has never served docklands station not ever!

A quite helpful inspector in busarase explained that the information in the timetable was a misprint yet has not been corrected in well over two years! They know it is wrong yet have failed to correct what is a very serious mistake!

Do the NTA not check out timetables and routes? What are they being paid for if not that?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,262 ✭✭✭✭Victor

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Do the NTA not check out timetables and routes?
    Realise that there are very few people in the NTA and that given their workload, they are primarily in a supervisiory role, not a planning / inspection one.

The first objective is to get all the routes somewhat organised, with meaningful timetables and maps. In parallel to the journey planner project, there is a mapping project. Until that reaches a certain standard, it is difficult to do comparisions. If you are aware of timetable anomolies, let the operator, NTA (and me!) know.

There is a tender out at the moment for bus service monitoring. I presume it will be along the line of comparing the scheduled times with the GPS downloads from individual vehicles for intermediate and end times / locations.

• Advertisement

I suppose it really is on bus Éireann's head considering that they have known about the error since the timetable was produced yet failed to simply edit it, something a child could do.

I get the 126 a few mornings every week. It goes down the quays to the IfSC, I get off past Milano in the IFSC but a few times I have stayed on further. Different bus drivers turn at different places depending on who is left on the bus. They'll ask you where you are going but they all go fairly near the Docklands Station. I think only certain buses are marked as going to Docklands, I presume yours was. I get the bus very early, was yours a late bus? Not that that should make a difference I suppose

sarahv wrote: »
    I get the 126 a few mornings every week. It goes down the quays to the IfSC, I get off past Milano in the IFSC but a few times I have stayed on further. Different bus drivers turn at different places depending on who is left on the bus. They'll ask you where you are going but they all go fairly near the Docklands Station. I think only certain buses are marked as going to Docklands, I presume yours was. I get the bus very early, was yours a late bus? Not that that should make a difference I suppose

Have a look at the timetable and it clearly shows all buses except for two in the morning terminating at docklands station. Not near docklands or on Sheriff st but at the station.

The drivers do actually know where their passengers are going and will take the turning that best suits the passengers when they get down the quays past the customs house.so it can look like they all take different routes but they all finish up at Sheriff st.

My issue is that the information in the timetable is wrong and has been known about for at least 3 years but nobody in bus Éireann has the competence to make a small correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 triplexgal

Hi was wondering if anyone knew where abouts in Newbridge does the 126 stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

There are numerous stops in Newbridge.

Just type Newbridge here (Bus Éireann Stops & Stations) and it'll give a full list. Some stops would be opposite each other (i.e. towards Kildare one side/ towards Dublin the other).

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

From Dublin?

Roundabout after Wyeth
    St Conleth's Church
    Main Street (opposite Swift's)
    Credit Union
    Tesco
    Green Road

• Registered Users Posts: 78,262 ✭✭✭✭Victor

triplexgal wrote: »
    Hi was wondering if anyone knew where abouts in Newbridge does the 126 stop?
    It seems to stop at all the stops along the main road. However, note that there are several route variations and not all departures will serve all stops. The 126N has a different route / timetable.

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=247#Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sazmooney

Anybody know if 126 bus goes from Clane to newbridge around 7:30am??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,551 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Advertisement