Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatever happened to Scott McLeod. Oasis bassist. (Sept 1995)

Options
  • 10-10-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Scott McLeod, replaced Paul McGuigan for a period in 1995, (fromWikipedia)

Bassist PaulMcGuigan briefly left the band in September 1995, citing nervous exhaustion. Hewas replaced by Scott McLeod, formerly of The Ya Ya's, whowas featured on some of the tour dates as well as in the "Wonderwall"video before leaving abruptly while on tour in the US. McLeod later contactedNoel Gallagher claiming he felt he had made the wrong decision. Gallagher curtlyreplied "I think you have too. Good luck signing on."[30]To complete the tour, McGuigan was successfully convinced to return to the band.

Did he ever reapper or just sign on....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

Must have just signed on. At least he got to be in the video for Wonderwall.

He was the Jimmy Nicol of Oasis... (look him up).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

just reading wikipedia on Jimmy Nikol. £500 was all he got for the couple of weeks work. I know it was the 60's but still seems a raw deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

syngindub wrote: »
    just reading wikipedia on Jimmy Nikol. £500 was all he got for the couple of weeks work. I know it was the 60's but still seems a raw deal.

According to the wiki page he got £5000 in addition to the £500 cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Wikipedia wrote:
    They paid me £2,500 per gig and a £2,500 signing bonus... Nicol played a total of eight shows until Starr rejoined the group

sounds like he did alright (I'm a pretty big Beatles fan but I'd never heard that story - how many "Fifth Beatles" are there?)

never mind Scott McCleod - what happened to the rest of the original Oasis members after Noel gradually sacked them all. There's definitely a documentary there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Guigs went back to his family, and had some side projects of which none were noteworthy. Tony McCarroll is running a school for musicians as far as I'm aware and is between Manchester and Offaly. Bonehead has done some DJing, amongst other things and recently finished recording a new album which is due out in December. Alan White has returned to his job as a session musician. Zack Starkey is presumably mucking about with The Who still. Liam, Gem and Two Shoes are now Beady Eye, with Chris Sharrock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement