Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi Repeater Dropping Connection

Options
  • 10-10-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Have google'd this to find one other person with the same issue, but no resolution unfortunately.

I bought an Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater recently and after setting it up right it's fantastic. Get excellent signal in former black spots in the house. The problem is that although the signal is excellent it drops connection once every 10 minutes or so. The drop is never more than 2 seconds, but when it happens it disconnects everything (IM programs, games, streaming etc) but then reconnects instantly after the 2 seconds.

I'm not sure if it's dropping connection to the router or not. The signal strength always stays high, but a warning symbol appears on the network (I'm never fast enough to mouse over it to see what it is). When I'm beside the router it doesn't happen which makes me think it's the repeater.

Any ideas?

Repeater: Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater WS320
    Router: UPC Cisco EPC2425

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭irishgeo

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GaGaGaGa

I have the exact same problem with the exact same equipment ... did you manage to find a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

Have same problem also but mine won't reconnect, have to turn off repeater so computer gets a weak signal from router then I turn back on repeater and signal strength goes up to full bars and works maybe 10-30 min then it can disconnect, thought it was happening because of d weak signal so I moved the repeater into the hall where der is a strong signal from router but problem keeps happening every 10- 30min.. Anybody have any ideas?.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭irishgeo

bazmc35 wrote: »
    Have same problem also but mine won't reconnect, have to turn off repeater so computer gets a weak signal from router then I turn back on repeater and signal strength goes up to full bars and works maybe 10-30 min then it can disconnect, thought it was happening because of d weak signal so I moved the repeater into the hall where der is a strong signal from router but problem keeps happening every 10- 30min.. Anybody have any ideas?.

have you tired updating the firmware?

any cordless phones in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

How do I update the firmware? Cordless phone is in the hall, I've changed the channel on the router to ch 6, supposed to be a better ch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement