Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German food shop in Dublin?

Options
  • 10-10-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there's a German food shop in Dublin, that sells goodies as well like Funny Frisch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

You find German products in Lidl and Aldi (they have all the gingerbread stuff in atm), but the only time, I saw Funny Frisch crisps was in a small Hungarian shop on Parnell Street, corner Kings Inn Street. It's on the right hand side, walking away from the City Centre, towards Bolton Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

In a way I'm glad the funny frisch sticks are hard to get here, aldi and lidl stock a lot of the goodies now so the novelty of getting some german goodies has worn off a bit. Love their paprika sticks, parents brought me back a few packs last week and they're all gone already, they're so addictive and the regular paprika chips just aren't as nice. I might check out that store just in case.

I generally bring home half a suitcase full of them sooooo addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

In a way I'm glad the funny frisch sticks are hard to get here, aldi and lidl stock a lot of the goodies now so the novelty of getting some german goodies has worn off a bit. Love their paprika sticks, parents brought me back a few packs last week and they're all gone already, they're so addictive and the regular paprika chips just aren't as nice. I might check out that store just in case.

I generally bring home half a suitcase full of them sooooo addictive!

The thick sliced ones (ridge or something like that) are gorgeous though, a pack of them lasts about 10 minutes for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Aldi has a german food special now on.
    Theres Rye Bread in there which aparantly is not something they normally stock any more.
    Also Lebkuchen and other christmas related stuff (like Apfelschorle aparantly! )

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week46Thursday12.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Friend of mine based in the UK uses this place to get his currywurst stuff, they ship to Ireland too. They have most spices by the looks of things and the option to buy remoulade! Doesn't look as if they have Funny Frisch but by the looks of things their selection changes fairly regularly.

I miss remoulade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 leitmotiv

Hi,

Check out "lebensmittel.de"! They have funny frisch and Remoulade. Huge range of products, including wine and beer. They deliver to Ireland for €9.90 up to 25 kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scartboy

Just checked the Liefer- und Zahlungsangebote page on their website - they quote Euro 25 for deliveries to Ireland up to 25KG.

See section 1.2. Lieferung außerhalb Deutschlands

PS The link to their site doesn't seem to work without www. at the start.

Hm, My last order was delivered for €9.90 in December!

Thats what they say:

"vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht.

Wir bedauern die notwendige Anhebung der Versandkosten innerhalb Europas.
    Um den Kunden ausserhalb Deutschlands auch weiterhin unseren Service anbieten zu können, war diese aber notwendig,
    da wir bisher weit unter den von DHL (www.dhl.de) aufgerufenen Versandkosten versendet haben.

Wir hoffen auf euer Verständnis.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    Ihr Lebensmittel.de Team"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

I wouldn't buy German sausage. It's the wurst.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement