Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP with lattitude ajustment

Options
  • 10-10-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi guys ,
    Iv manage to upgrade a bit to a Astomaster 130 (second hand)

The problem is that it has been lying in the shed for a bit and rust has set in on it causing me some problems.

The latitude is the main one. When I go to loosing up the adjustment the ''black cap'' for your fingers are twisting but the actual bar or screw is not moving causing the telescope to be stuck in the same position and not allowing me to lower it down .

Anyone have any suggestion on how i can sort this out or if i can replace the screw thingy.

Cheers guys.
    Glenn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Nerro

GlennGeo wrote: »
    Hi guys ,
    Iv manage to upgrade a bit to a Astomaster 130 (second hand)

The problem is that it has been lying in the shed for a bit and rust has set in on it causing me some problems.

The latitude is the main one. When I go to loosing up the adjustment the ''black cap'' for your fingers are twisting but the actual bar or screw is not moving causing the telescope to be stuck in the same position and not allowing me to lower it down .

Anyone have any suggestion on how i can sort this out or if i can replace the screw thingy.

Cheers guys.
    Glenn
    It looks like a job for good old WD4....spray it and leave it to rest over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭GlennGeo

To be honest with ya I never even thought of trying that .

Cheers,
    Glenn

Advertisement