Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved to Swansea for college(Uni). Best bank for transferring Euro to Sterling?

Options
  • 09-10-2012 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

(I'm hoping this is the right forum)

Basically moved to the UK to study for 3 years. My grant is paid into my irish bank account every week. And withdrawing the money from that account over here rapes me on fees etc all the time.

I havent set up a UK account yet as I'm only here 2 weeks and still trying to get myself sorted out and settled in.

I'm just wondering is there a best bank that offers the best exchange rates for euro to sterling if i was to repeatedly do bank transfers every week and then withdraw the money from that UK bank.

Or is it more or less the same? I know I might be a small difference between banks but money is gonna be tight so the slightest thing will help.

If anyone has any experience or suggestions let me know.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Tossi wrote: »
    Hi,

(I'm hoping this is the right forum)

Basically moved to the UK to study for 3 years. My grant is paid into my irish bank account every week. And withdrawing the money from that account over here rapes me on fees etc all the time.

I havent set up a UK account yet as I'm only here 2 weeks and still trying to get myself sorted out and settled in.

I'm just wondering is there a best bank that offers the best exchange rates for euro to sterling if i was to repeatedly do bank transfers every week and then withdraw the money from that UK bank.

Or is it more or less the same? I know I might be a small difference between banks but money is gonna be tight so the slightest thing will help.

If anyone has any experience or suggestions let me know.

Cheers!

I have just sent you a PM with a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tossi

That was fast! Cheers haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8 seinas1

Hi guys can i get some info on this, I am also studying in Wales and using my BOI debit card im being charged a fortune on fees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

also looking for some advice on this if anyone can help? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

use either currency fare, transfer mate or transfer wise....

Check out bargain alerts for a thread on the topics. no time at the minute to confirm they are the correct names but they are similar. Check the BA thread!

• Advertisement
Advertisement