Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA for all Hdips?

Options
  • 09-10-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone here has been turned down for BTEA for pursuing a Higher Diploma Postgrad.

I'm just curious about the wording of this (From Citizens Info site)

"Only postgraduate courses in Ireland are eligible for the BTEA scheme. You can get the Back to Education Allowance for a postgraduate course of study that leads to a Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) qualification in any discipline or a Graduate Diploma in Education (primary and secondary teaching)."

The bolded part which seems to say that not all hdips are eligible, or I've seen it phrased before as "you may get the BTEA" or am I misinterpreting it? It just doesn't seem very definite to me.

Does the hdip need to be related to your previous degree subject? Is eligibility done on a case by case basis by the social welfare offices?

The hdip I'm interested in for next year wouldn't be directly related to my degree as its a conversion course, and obviously its not a grad dip in education.

Any feedback would be great, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Katie Kaboom

Hi Rikkflair

I have been awarded BTEA and I'm doing a H.Dip. I was told that all H.Dips qualify as long as you satisfy all other criteria.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement