Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listen to Ben Gibbard's (Lead Singer of Death Cab For Cutie) New Solo Album

Options
  • 09-10-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭

This just popped up on my news feed - Barsuk Records are allowing you to stream the new solo album of Ben Gibbard (of Death Cab For Cutie / The Postal Service / All-Time Quarterback! etc.) on their YouTube Channel.

Will be released on November 12th.

Just started listening now!

PS - no news on a follow up to 'Codes & Keys'! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Postal service great album but death cab for cutie..they where ok ..a less then memorable performance at ep ensured my neutral rating but that sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

notnumber wrote: »
    Postal service great album but death cab for cutie..they where ok ..a less then memorable performance at ep ensured my neutral rating but that sounds great!
    Listen to Transatlanticism and see if that changes your mind..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Basq wrote: »
    Listen to Transatlanticism and see if that changes your mind..

Definitely their finest hour. One of the best buys I ever made. Though I still love listening to We Have The Facts And We're Voting Yes. No Joy In Mudville is in my top 10 all time favourites, along with We Looked Like Giants.

my username may somewhat give away the fact that I'm a Death Cab fan....

Will listen to Gibbard's new stuff when i get home. Had the pleasure of meeting him and the band when they played Jongleurs and then the Dublin Castle in Camden about 10 years ago. Still have the set list they gave me tucked away in the cd case for The Photo Album. Were sound gentlemen indeed, Walla in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Here's hoping for a tour...

Have a few live sets of him playing DCFC/Postal Service/ATQ stuff solo acoustic and I would LOVE to see it

Will give this album a listen over the weekend, what did you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's.. alright.

Didn't set my world alight to be perfectly honest.

Maybe it'll improve with repeated listens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭steve_r

It has its moments, I liked "Dream Song" and "A Hard One to know".

I love Give up more than Death Cab, but do think Transatlanticism is well worth listening to.

Also recomend his cover of "complicated" on youtube! can't post a link right now sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

This album is growing on me. Sounds good.

Advertisement