Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will Katla Erupt Soon?

Options
  • 09-10-2012 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi all I have been fascinated with Katla and the ramifications of what will happen to Iceland and Europe in a meteroligal sense since I visit Vik n Iceland in 2007. There have been some increased activity the last week and it has reminded me that it is long over due an eruption plus after Eyjafjallajökull's in 2010 it usually follows soon after.

Any opinions out there are welcome?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There's a thread in the Weather forum that's frequently updated. There was some tremors around the area but it's quite normal. I'd be far more interested in Indonesia at the moment where the government currently has 12 orange alerts on 12 seperate volcano's. Something's stirring over there but then again the orange alerts have been out for almost 2 months now.

That's the thing with earthquakes and eruptions. The signs could be there but it could take a long time for something to trigger. Then again, perhaps not :)

Advertisement