Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intellectual disability support work.

Options
  • 09-10-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm looking for work in the social care area. Most of the positions I've found so far , seem to be home help, which is mostly geriatric care. My experience is in intellectual disability. For example, supporting adults with, autism,aspergers , bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Does anyone know of any foundations that are recruiting at the moment? Or any agencies, that you recommend applying to.Preferably in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 scott_o_reilly

Hi there, Nua Healhcare are recruiting at the moment. You must have a minimum of FETAC Level 5 in a care course. They provide are the leading company in Ireland that run specific houses for people with Asperger Syndrome. Recently been accredited with National Autistic Society. They also have houses for people with Intellectual Disabilities and Aquired Brain Injuries.

More than likely, in most cases, you would start on the relief panel. They have houses and day services in Laois, Kildare and South Offaly and are expanding all the time.

Hope that helps

Advertisement