Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First book published on amazon

Options
  • 08-10-2012 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Today my first novel went up on Amazon and it is a great feeling the story about dublin men getting pregnant has been waiting to get out for many years and today is the day
    for anyone else that thinks they cant do it never fear persevere and it can happen
    well worth the wait :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Gryphonboy

Congrats man! Join the brand new author club with me. We can start having meetings an ****. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LuckyLoki

story about dublin men getting pregnant

For that alone I'd track it down.

Congrats! You must be on a high. Can you tell us what it's called or is that forbidden around these parts? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

Thanks guys as a newbie not sure what is allowed but on amazon books i heard a rumour that four dublin guys are having unplanned pregnancy and the partner quoted he is having a baby when she heard the news
    as Gryphonboy says its great feeling to get it accomplished and great fun making men pregnant and seeing the consequences unfold :D should have used protection

Hey can you pm me a link? I'll rate and review. If you are interested I can link you mine and you can return the favour :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

tripper63 wrote: »
    Today my first novel went up on Amazon and it is a great feeling the story about dublin men getting pregnant has been waiting to get out for many years and today is the day
    for anyone else that thinks they cant do it never fear persevere and it can happen

Well Done! can you share with us how you achieved it, apart from the writing, was it a long process? Presume it's easier to get something online with Amazon than to get it actually printed?

• Advertisement

Most definitley D fens i could reccomend it to anyone although not a technical genius a little bit of patience required. Took the advice from many and continued to proof read it and asked someone with fresh set of eyes to edit for me. After that downlaoded the kindle app for free and read all the helpful guides available and went through it step by step. Came unstuck at the cover design stage and needed to downlaod free software called Gimp to overcome the necessary requirements. All in all there are options out there for self publishing if you have any spare funds by lf like me and totally broke with a little time it can be achieved. So offically there are Dublin men out there having unplanned pregnancies. :rolleyes:

Hey tripper, do you have a website or blog?
    And thanks again for the review. It was awesome. I will return the favour as soon as I get through your book. I had a quick scan of the first chapter and it's good so far. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 impala67

tripper63 wrote: »

congratulations on your first pulished book

Thanks Impala67 for the support :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭pavb2

Congrats on that tripper great achievement will check it out.

Lot of hard work ahead of you marketing it now.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that pavb2
    be interested in what you think you aint joking it's a minfield for a beginner lot of helpful sites about but so much to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭pavb2

Best of advice is to remember it's a marathon not a sprint so build an author platform. Twitter, Facebook account, Web site/blog.

Interact with other authors and readers on Goodreads & Kindle forums being careful not to spam them with constant self promotion.

What you need is good honest reviews, a lot of controversy about underhand reviews and marketing techniques employed by indie authors recently.

Consider free promotion but look at the conflicting opinion and debate on how effective this is.

And get that follow up book out.

Loads of good advice on here

https://kdp.amazon.com/community/index.jspa

marathon not a sprint i like that thnks i'm gonna check that out now appreciate the advice

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Hope you don't mind me asking but did you go straight to self-publishing or did you try the more traditional methods first?

Hi Iguna
    no i don't mind at all I had already written for TV radio and stage but i really wanted to complete my first novel. I checked out the options available and sourced some local services all of whom are offering great deals but as my funds are non exsistant i wasnt able to avail there are deals out there where if you have a few hundred put away you can avail of professional design cover and a batch of published manuscripts even in small consignments and you can start from there so really the e book format was the only option for me at this time. have you a book/manuscript ready to publish?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Very nearly. I've another week or two of work left to get done on it. But being due a baby in 15 days I think I'll be lucky if I have the time to get a few submissions in the post over the next few months.

you should have followed my story lead and let the men become pregnant instead saves a lot of trouble:D if you want any opinions let us know and good luck with the birth my book discovers some methods for bringing on labour early if you are that way inclined but i still think the men should have babies

Advertisement