Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€400 - €500 gaming pc build?

Options
  • 08-10-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello there, first time posting here. I need some help and advice to build a budget gaming pc for €400 to €500. I wont be playing the likes of Bf3 or Crysis 2, just games like minecraft, team fortress 2, CS:Source/GO and Mirrors edge etc.
    Thank you for your time!
    Aaron.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Do you need windows? Best to fill out the form/questions in the first link of my signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AarondeVreede

No i dont need Windows or ram, my friend has them for me

Item|Price
    8GB-Kit G-Skill RipJaws PC3-12800U CL9|€33.59
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€71.04
    AMD A10 5800K Black Edition mit AMD Radeon HD 7660D Grafikeinheit, Box, FM2|€119.00
    LiteOn iHAS122-18 schwarz SATA|€17.55
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€43.18
    MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, FM2, mATX|€66.00
    BitFenix Merc Beta|€32.07
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€401.10

What about something like that? It would run most games fairly well. Alternatively, if you wanted to use the full budget, you could change it around and invest in a fast graphics card for the high end games. Should easily handle lighter games and even the new ones if you tweak the details.

Oops, I missed the bit about RAM, but you can take it out yourself. If you have a bit of money to spare, how about getting an SSD for fast windows booting? Crucial M4 or Samsung 830 would be the ideal ones to pick.

Wow thats good! so it would play my games no problem and some higher end games aswell? I think an SSD is only if you want to have a super fast boot up etc. so i might leave it out

Not just super fast boot up. It makes life so much easier as you don't have to wait for all your main programs to open. Browsers open as soon as you click on them. Sooooo nice. :cool:

You could pick another case with the extra funds too, if you want.

You can play team fortress 2 and minecraft on modern low end integrated graphics. Counterstrike GO is source engine too so that'll run fine. Mirror's edge would be fine too as it's not that new at this stage. You could BF3 as well, but not at full 'HD' (1920x1080) resolution; you'd need to turn it down a bit to run smoothly. I posted some tables in one or two other recent threads directly about this, if you want to look.

• Advertisement

So this is a perfect budget gaming pc? Also what about a cpu?

Well I don't know about perfect now, but it's a good choice. They're brand new chips on a new motherboard socket, so you'll be guaranteed a good life of upgrades. Certainly better than the crap you may see in low end gaming systems on other sites and what we've been seeing all along. AMD have done a pretty good job of getting a product for budget gamers.

Let me know if you have any other demands or questions and I'll see if I can add to the system.

Advertisement