Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holles Street Private - Which Consultant

Options
  • 08-10-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hi,

hoping some of you can please help me. I've recently found out I'm pregnant and for various reasons I've opted to go private. Now I need to decide which Consultant to go with in Holles Street. I'm trying to choose between Dr Shane Higgins or Dr Peter McParland - any thoughts would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

heywhynot wrote: »
    hi,

hoping some of you can please help me. I've recently found out I'm pregnant and for various reasons I've opted to go private. Now I need to decide which Consultant to go with in Holles Street. I'm trying to choose between Dr Shane Higgins or Dr Peter McParland - any thoughts would be appreciated!

Can recommend shane higgins. Don't know the other guy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shanek320

Peter Mc Parland was our consultant. We had all three with him and he is a super professional.

Unusually for a consultant, he also has a really great "bed side" manner and is a pleasure to deal with.

I would highly recommend him. We never met the other person you mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

A lot of people speak very highly of shane higgins, personally I found him rude, off hand and didn't like him at all.

I was semi private so I'm sure your experiences would be different. But he caused chaos in the semi private part, was always late, the queues would be 40 people long and suddenly at 4pm he'd declare he was leaving so one of the other doctors would step in. He was my consultant over the last pregnancy and I only saw him twice during the whole pregnancy.

I never dealt with Dr mcparland, that I know of.

Advertisement