Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gas oven not heating up

Options
  • 08-10-2012 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

The gas oven is lighting but the flame insnt increasing when the diall is turned up. is it easy to tell if this is fixable? gas regulartor blocked? Am wary of poking around too much with gas...
    How much would it be to get someone out to have a look and fix if necessary (ball parK)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Sounds like thermostat has gone, depends on make, not cheap! maybe 150/200

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

its an old cooker so not worth repairing at that price seeing as new ones are €230-300 even in places like currys.
    Do they also install them for ye and take away the old one or any know any place that does?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Curry's will recomend an RGI to do the install, but beware Curry cookers, most i have installed have been a bitch to convert to LPG and incure extra costs, they normally charge to remove old cooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

There is no recycling fund included in the cost like tvs etc?
    So i'd have to get it deilvered then get someone out to hook it up and then get them to come back and collect the old one after?
    i guess i could stick it in the shed if needs be....

dont need to convert it to LPG as gas is piped into the house.

Advertisement