Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Assistance Fund Gone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Agent_Orange

Hi Lionheart the SAF is still in operation I think it is an online
    application process this year.Check with the access office in
    your college they should be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

http://www.universityobserver.ie/2012/10/02/ucd-assistance-funds-facing-cuts/

Cliffnotes version from that article is that they've having difficulties administrating it, but the money does still exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Musefan

Hi,

Could someone direct me towards where the online application is. I have had a look around SIS web and cannot find it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lionheaart

I'll be honest and say a student adviser told me it was cancelled.

But again, there seems to conflicting information about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Agent_Orange

Musefan contact the access office in your college as they run the
    application process internally. Lionheaart I would double check
    as I received an email from my college regarding the SAF today.

• Advertisement

I was told today that the student assistance fund has been absorbed into the student welfare fund.

This was done in relation to the above mentioned article were there was no one available to administer the fund (SAF).

So maybe there is an issue here.

I think getting anything from the Welfare fund is a lot harder than getting anything from the assistance fund.

With the assistance fund you only had to meet certain criteria but with the welfare fund there is a committee that somehow arrives at a decision as to whether someone gets money or not.

Agent Orange, what university do you go to? If I may ask.

I'm in UCD.

Advertisement