Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many mls do you vape per day?

Options
  • 08-10-2012 3:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭

I seem to be going through a tank a day (1.6ml), or sometimes two tanks if dghrink is involved. My housemate would get about three days or more out of it. The last 30ml bottle he bought lasted him about 2 months!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Hmmmm, about 3 for me on average.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

2-4mls a day for me, 3-6mls when I'm fully dual-coiled.
    Between 6-8mls if I'm at a festival or clubbing, but a lot of that might be letting people try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

grindle wrote: »
    2-4mls a day for me, 3-6mls when I'm fully dual-coiled.
    Between 6-8mls if I'm at a festival or clubbing, but a lot of that might be letting people try it.
    That seems a lot would i be right in saying 5ml a day at 18mg = 90 real fags worth on nic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

If i'm in the office all day around 2ml, if i'm in the car for the majority of the day then i could easily go through 6ml

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

kiffy wrote: »
    That seems a lot would i be right in saying 5ml a day at 18mg = 90 real fags worth on nic.
    Theoretically.

Ejuice nic doesn't seem to have as much of a half-life in your body as cigarette nic because it can't enter and remain in the bloodstream as easily as cigarettes (ten times less efficient according to this).
    The way I'd view it from a usage perspective is that 1ml is around 4/5 cigarettes (most drippers would go with that too - 4/5 drops = 1 cigarette-worth), so my typical juice intake varies between 12-30 cigarettes-worth from low end to high end.
    Which seems about right.
    It tallies with my previous smoking habit anyway (given that I vape a bit more than I used to smoke ("IT'S SAFER!" I rationalise), and plough through a lot of juice using dual-coils).

Edit: good point Green Hornet (next post).
    I'm floating around the 20mg mark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, we should specify the nic level too. Volume is a bit meaningless without that.

I vape ca. 3ml per day of 9mg. Equates to 27mg. Used to smoke around 7-8 Carroll's per day (ca. 8mg nicotine). Not heavy I know but loved those few and couldn't give them up before ecigs. Keep in mind that Carrols have 1mg per fag while say Silk Cut Blue have 0.3mg I think.

Most scientific papers seem to conclude that between 10 and 30% absorption so I'm either taking in what I was when smoking or less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

grindle wrote: »
    Theoretically.

Ejuice nic doesn't seem to have as much of a half-life in your body as cigarette nic because it can't enter and remain in the bloodstream as easily as cigarettes (ten times less efficient according to this).
    The way I'd view it from a usage perspective is that 1ml is around 4/5 cigarettes (most drippers would go with that too - 4/5 drops = 1 cigarette-worth), so my typical juice intake varies between 12-30 cigarettes-worth from low end to high end.
    Which seems about right.
    It tallies with my previous smoking habit anyway (given that I vape a bit more than I used to smoke ("IT'S SAFER!" I rationalise), and plough through a lot of juice using dual-coils).

Edit: good point Green Hornet (next post).
    I'm floating around the 20mg mark.

When I was using my lavatube I was vaping around 5 ml a day with the Viva Nova @ 24mg and thought I was taking in about 120 fags worth on nicotine, that was quite a horrifying thought, there isn't much info out there easy at hand to give you a guideline on how much nicotine your ingesting through vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Min would be 3ml but if i'm in the car for the majority of the day or doing alot of gameing watching tv then i could easily go through 6+ml
    i mostly stick with 6mg juice but do have some 12 and 16mg i use mostly in the morning
    Id say im now between 12mg a day and 26mg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

With a stardust CE5 I used to vape about 5-6ml, since I got the Genesis about 10-12ml, but i've decreased my nicotine down to around 10mg from 18mg

The genesis is a bloody juice monster .. yes I'm a chainvaper :P And I work from home on my computer all the time, glad to be off the fags.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

At the moment i'm vaping about 1 ml a day of 18mg juice.

If i was at home and working normally i can be anywhere up to 2 kanger tanks a day (5ml) of 18mg juice.

• Advertisement

Home office (50%) = 3 mls of 12mg + 1 or 2 mls of zero (DKS juice), the zero is dripped in the evening with a wine or beer;)

Office (10%) = 1.5 mls 12 mg + 1 or 2 evening of DKS

Travel (40%) = 5 mls of 12mg, sitting in airports and hotels in the evening is a killer for the vaping.

I am hoping to move down to 6mg nicotine shortly but my favorite juice is only available at 12 mg:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

krissovo wrote: »
    Home office (50%) = 3 mls of 12mg + 1 or 2 mls of zero (DKS juice), the zero is dripped in the evening with a wine or beer;)

Office (10%) = 1.5 mls 12 mg + 1 or 2 evening of DKS

Travel (40%) = 5 mls of 12mg, sitting in airports and hotels in the evening is a killer for the vaping.

I am hoping to move down to 6mg nicotine shortly but my favorite juice is only available at 12 mg

can you not dilute it? get a mix of pg and vg or distilled water and dilute it to get the 6mg juice :)

I tired the diluting with DKS base but I lose some of flavor that makes the juice stand out. It goes from brilliant to nice, not bad I suppose but I guess I will experiment some more.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm averaging around 6ml of 11-12 mg Juice a day, chain vape at times, but i can go prolonged times without vaping aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Week days, 3-4ml of 18\20mg.
    Weekends, 5-6ml of 18\20mg

Depends on the device, some of them just hover up the juice...

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

I am trying to understand how much do I vape..

I suppose around 6ml at 9mg... maybe less...
    sometimes I vape at 0, I am trying..

I can vape in the office and at home, at my computer, in the car... = always!

a bit concerned that is too much?
    not only for the nicotine... I had no problem to switch from 18 to 9... I think for me is more the habit..

I am now steadily vaping at about 2mls of 6mg on average so it a decent drop in nicotine from 3 mls of 12mg)

I do have some of my DKS juices which are zero nic to start but I made them up to 10mg of nicotine for a evening vape.

I also have some 12mg juices like swedish fish and orange ice pop that I drip from time to time for a change or a nice big throat hit (for me ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

krissovo wrote: »
    I am now steadily vaping at about 2mls of 6mg on average so it a decent drop in nicotine from 3 mls of 12mg)

I do have some of my DKS juices which are zero nic to start but I made them up to 10mg of nicotine for a evening vape.

I also have some 12mg juices like swedish fish and orange ice pop that I drip from time to time for a change or a nice big throat hit (for me ;))

Hi Krissovo

I'm a bit of a light vaper like yourself. I find that 12mg is more than enough throat hit, in fact 8mg or maybe less is good for me. I've only gotten 8mg or less from making my own. Where do you buy your low mg juices from?

Thanks

illicit007 wrote: »

Hi Krissovo

I'm a bit of a light vaper like yourself. I find that 12mg is more than enough throat hit, in fact 8mg or maybe less is good for me. I've only gotten 8mg or less from making my own. Where do you buy your low mg juices from?

Thanks
    The 6 mg juice I have is from the old Irish vapers white label range. I stocked up before thy closed so I am unsure if the new vendor does 6 mg, e smoke will mix juice to your requirements for one of wing nuts juices I believe.

Advertisement