Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomend some stations

Options
  • 08-10-2012 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

I have been playing around with the 'my favourites' section of my roberts internet radio and realise how few stations I actually listen to. So I'm looking for some interesting 'intelligent talk' stations from around the world. I listen to Radio4 mostly with a bit of Jazz or Italian classical. I sound a bit high brow but I'm really not. I hat Zoo formats and unstructured formats but love anything from the Archers to Gardeners Question time.

Any good Canadian stations?, American Public Radio?? Any neutral American political stations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

NPR is great.

Try http://www.702.co.za/index.asp through the night.:)

BBC Radio 4 extra http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4extra/ is a must for comedy and plays.:)

Tell us how you get on.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭donalh087

Thanks for that Greenman.

That Saffy one is bang on the kind of thing I was looking for. 4Extra of course is great too.

NPR I really can't figure out. Some of my favourite programmes come from NPR but from different franchises of NPR. It appears to me that every town (well city) in the US has it's own NPR and they are all quite different.

Is there a central NPR in the same way that there is a BBC1 and BBC2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

donalh087 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Greenman.

That Saffy one is bang on the kind of thing I was looking for. 4Extra of course is great too.

NPR I really can't figure out. Some of my favourite programmes come from NPR but from different franchises of NPR. It appears to me that every town (well city) in the US has it's own NPR and they are all quite different.

Is there a central NPR in the same way that there is a BBC1 and BBC2 ?

Yep, its called the "NPR Program Stream", its the one I listen too the most, fantastic shows on it, intelligent, liberal America at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭donalh087

Brilliant. Thanks for that Techno' and GM. That's me sorted forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

donalh087 wrote: »
    That's me sorted forever!

Careful now.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement