Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 Week backlog processing drivers license.

Options
  • 08-10-2012 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭

As you are required to have a drivers license with you at all times when driving and in Clare at the moment there is an eight week delay in processing new and renewal licenses. How is it possible to comply with this law?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think they give you a slip that says you are waiting for your license to be processed, if you are stopped at a check point you can use that temporarily, I think. You be better off asking in the Motoring Forum if you want a definite answer I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Same thing happened to me. I rang them to check on the status of my renewal two weeks after I sent in the forms, and they told me they were working on processing licences from applications received 8 weeks ago. As mine was a renewal, i'd obviously sent it in, so I physically had no licence.

Anyway, the lady in the office said that If I got a letter from my employer stating I needed my licence for work, they would expedite it. This was on Monday. I printed off a letter saying MarkR worked for X, needs licence. Chop chop please. Signature of HR. Received my new licence on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Ring them up about it and they probably have it already done but will not send it out until the time has lapsed to make it look like that since cuts it takes longer to do these things.

My licence was with them for 4 weeks of the ''8week'' backlog and I rang them about it. The woman on the phone said she'd check the drawer and bingo my licence was with me the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

if everyone has to ring up to inquire and get their licence doesn't that just delay things further. I mean aren't they being constantly interrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I am waiting for one now. I got that slip of paper stating I will have it, but they marked out 'in two weeks' and wrote in 'in seven weeks' so I am apparently ahead of the curve or they are getting through that backlog a bit sure!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Black Smoke

But why is there a backlog?

Shouldn't there be a BIG RED FLASHING NOTICE ON THE WEBSITE

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

if everyone has to ring up to inquire and get their licence doesn't that just delay things further. I mean aren't they being constantly interrupted.

Not really as mine was just in a ''drawer'' and the woman said she'd check if it was done and yes it was. I was a bit confused as to why it was in the drawer and not just sent out to me on completion..............:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Carazy wrote: »
    Not really as mine was just in a ''drawer'' and the woman said she'd check if it was done and yes it was. I was a bit confused as to why it was in the drawer and not just sent out to me on completion..............:confused:

Seems like they are jist taking the Pi$$ as a protest to the office move.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Whats going on here? My GF went in last week to get a new licence and they laminated it and gave it to her on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

corbally clare or corbally limerick? ie limerick co co or clare co co?

• Advertisement

She went to Ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mr. D renewed his licence recently, he was informed it would take two weeks but it ended up taking six weeks.

Melion wrote: »
    She went to Ennis

am i understanding this right? you can walk in and get it done on the spot or post it in and wait 8 weeks? is there a public sector work to rule thing going on or wtf? shame on clare co co !

We drove up to Ennis last week, she went in with form and pictures. She walked back out 5/10 minutes later with a fresh new licence

Melion wrote: »
    We drove up to Ennis last week, she went in with form and pictures. She walked back out 5/10 minutes later with a fresh new licence
    it would appear so that clare co co prefer a labour intensive system instead of a far more efficient processing system?take a few out of planning (they must be overstaffed) and speed things up!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

They are on a go slow(er) about something or other.
    Had to get mine done a few months back, same thing, it would take 4 weeks (I was there in person)

They won't have to worry when the new licence comes out in 6 months and they are all done somewhere else.

Advertisement