Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing a stove on a Grant combi boiler system

Options
  • 08-10-2012 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if it's possible to install a stove with a back boiler when we have a grant combi boiler?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭kscobie

Your combi is on a sealed heating system, and cannot be connected to a solid fuel boiler/stove or cooker. Any solid fuel appliance must only be fitted on an open vented heating system.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadAngel

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if it's possible to put a buffer tank on the existing system and then put in the boiler stove?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Could it be done with a heat exchanger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Yes it can be done, you just need a good plumber to ensure its done right.

We have a pressurised heating system and a stove with 100k boiler. Installed three years ago as a new build, they did explain at the time how it worked out Compared to an all vented system but TBH I forget the details.

There are some compromises but not too many and our system works great. The main compromise is that you can't have true zones, one will need to be set up where no matter what the boiler has the option to disapate it's heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadAngel

Again, thanks for the replies.
    Dardania wrote: »
    Could it be done with a heat exchanger?

Someone actually suggested this to us today. Does anyone know more about it?

" The main compromise is that you can't have true zones, one will need to be set up where no matter what the boiler has the option to disapate it's heat."

Excuse my ignorance but can you explain this?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement