Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice hotel/Spa

Options
  • 08-10-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,568 ✭✭✭✭

Good morning folks
    I was wondering would anyone be able to help in recommending a nice hotel/spa in the Burren region of Clare , as i wana treat the other half and take her away for a midweek two day break,

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've never gone for a Spa treatment myself but I think Mrs. Clareman enjoyed a treatment at The Falls before
    http://www.fallshotel.ie/spa-leisure.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

Its a fair bit south from the Burren and it is expensive but if your budget stretches to it the spa in Doonbeg is really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Clareman wrote: »
    I've never gone for a Spa treatment myself but I think Mrs. Clareman enjoyed a treatment at The Falls before
    http://www.fallshotel.ie/spa-leisure.html

I haven't had a spa treatment at the falls, but i wouldn't recommend the hotel itself as a 'treat'. We stayed there for a wedding last year and the room was old & outdated, cigarette burns on the carpet and the mattresses as hard as a rock. I had a family member over from Oz and we did some travelling around and the falls was the most expensive and worst hotel we stayed in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

There are over 300 reviews of the Falls Hotel on Trip Advisor.ie, There are quite a few positive ones. It appears that the bedrooms have recently been renovated too.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g212534-d212700-r141970969-Falls_Hotel-Ennistymon_County_Clare.html#REVIEWS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I can only hope that the rooms have been updated to reflect what is on their website. Our room was much more like the candid traveller photos on the tripadvisor website, in particular the last one which was taken in 2006. I don't like saying negative things, esp about a local business, but we stayed in hotels in Dublin, Belfast, Killarney & letterkenny plus numerous b&b's and this was easily the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kilnababe

Try Woodstock Hotel in Ennis, lovely rooms, food is great, Excellent Spa & Leisure facilities. You are only 15 minutes drive from there to the Burren.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

I'd have to recommend the Falls in Ennistymon too. I found the rooms to be really nice, the only bad thing was the usual mad 9:30 breakfast scrum. But in fairness that's par for the course where ever you have a buffet breakfast.
    Spa is nice, great pool, sauna, etc.
    nice walk up to the town too for a few drinks or a bite to eat in one of the local places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I would highly recommend the falls. Lovely location and staff. I have never used the spa but it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

paulusdu wrote: »
    I'd have to recommend the Falls in Ennistymon too. I found the rooms to be really nice, the only bad thing was the usual mad 9:30 breakfast scrum. But in fairness that's par for the course where ever you have a buffet breakfast.
    Spa is nice, great pool, sauna, etc.
    nice walk up to the town too for a few drinks or a bite to eat in one of the local places.

I'm hearing great things about a new Thai restaurant in The Falls ... haven't had a chance to try it myself yet but it's on the list.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Yeah thai is good, but I was talking to someone a few weeks back who said its really disimproved. I really enjoyed the place the last time I was there.

What about the Spa in Lisdoonvarna, in the burren and is known locally as the spa. I've heard good things but I haven't gone myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kilnababe

I'd stay away from Lisdoon, except for Sheedys but they don't have a spa. The rest is - well let's be polite - not for anyone checking in on trip advisor

Advertisement