Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Studies Sample Folders??

Options
  • 08-10-2012 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Is there anywhere to find sample project folders for construction studies?

I'm in repeat year and have just taken up construction. Right now I have absolutely no idea how the folder is supposed to look or how it is layed out.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

I did Construction Studies last year and I got an A1. I made a writing desk for my project. If you're interested, PM me and I can send you the PDF of my folder as long as you promise not to copy any of it but just take a look at how it's done :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This school have put online a description of what you should include.
    No need to look at other people's projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Trev64

What type of project are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rory corbett

hi. im sitting my leaving certificate this year and i am making a garden bench. it is almost impossible to get a good folder to use as a template. if you wouldnt mind, could you send me a copy of it. i wont copy it i swear. i just need to know a layout to have in front of me when doing the folder myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1 markryan1996

hey im kind of stuck doing my constructtion folder and was wondering could i get that pdf off you..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

If ye want, send me a pm, I have sample layouts here if ye want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 balistictip123

I did Construction Studies last year and I got an A1. I made a writing desk for my project. If you're interested, PM me and I can send you the PDF of my folder as long as you promise not to copy any of it but just take a look at how it's done :)

may you please send copy of your folder just need to get general layout kinda stuck on what to write......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Hey I have a PDF which explains the project for Construction studies so to get the porfolio layout go to page 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 healyjarlath

Could i have a copy of that as well my teacher hasn't gone through the format of the project and i don`t know how to lay it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

Could i have a copy of that as well my teacher hasn't gone through the format of the project and i don`t know how to lay it out.

The link given in the post above yours sets out the layout perfectly, you don't need a teacher to read that with you. You also don't need someone elses folder, follow the link above and you will be fine.

It is extremely obvious when reading briefs when they have been copied from someone else or as the previous poster put it when people look at someone elses "just to see how it is done"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Agreed with Seavill. Just follow the document I provided and it has everything you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pat18

Hey im desperate here, had my portfolio done and my computer lost it, need to hand in really soon and I've gotta redo all of it, I know its a long shot but is there anyone out there who'd send me a copy of theirs so itd save me hours of researching the layout and structure and give me tips on what to write

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Pat18 wrote: »
    Hey im desperate here, had my portfolio done and my computer lost it, need to hand in really soon and I've gotta redo all of it, I know its a long shot but is there anyone out there who'd send me a copy of theirs so itd save me hours of researching the layout and structure and give me tips on what to write
    Isn't the deadline around Easter every year?

Yeah but we're allowed had it in late for some reason

Either way i have to have it in this week as its the last week of school

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you already had the project done, do you not know the layout?

Sounds a bit dodgy to be honest. If your teacher saw this project, you can get them to write a note to the examiner saying what they thought of it.

If your cpomputer lost it, I'd be getting it to someone who knows how to get it back.

He didn't see it and that wouldn't work, I typed it 2 months ago, I barely remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

If what you're saying is true (hmmmm.....) I'd be bringing your computer somewhere to retrieve the files. You probably have more stuff on it you want anyway. There's no point starting from scratch again, because 1, the quality of it won't be up to scratch and 2, the last thing you want to be focusing on is a write up when the exams are just around the corner.

Here's a page tells you what has to be in each section:
    http://homepage.tinet.ie/~abbeynet/const_portfolio.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

If ye want, send me a pm, I have sample layouts here if ye want them.

Hi could you send me samples

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement