Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original X360 HDD Case - What size are the T6 screws for the case?

Options
  • 08-10-2012 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi all. I have stripped the head removing the T6 screws that hold the hard drive case onto the hard drive. Two of the screws are ok and the other two seem a bit off. Although I have 2 screws holding at each corner, I still would like to have a set of 4 screws holding the case together and for the next time, I'll be more careful removing/replacing the screws to avoid this issue in future. The reason why I was opening the case is because I'm planning on upgrading the HDD to a larger one. So would anyone know the exact measurements of these screws? I know they're T6 screws but eBay brings about a whole range of different T6 screws. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The hard drive screws are a T6. Length to bottom of the screw is 10mm, pitch is roughly 0.66mm between rings and diameter is 1mm.

Best of luck finding replacements, it could be easier to order a replacement caddy off ebay/dealextreme

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Thanks TouchingVirus. I can't find t6 m1x10 screws but I did find these so would they do? thanks.

Advertisement