Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badminton User Research

Options
  • 08-10-2012 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello all,

I am currently a student in NUI Maynooth conducting some user research with badminton players, in particular racket grips and accessories. My focus in college is product design and would like to get some feedback on the problem that every player faces: sweaty palms/hands.

I have always had trouble with my hand sweating during a match and frantically trying to dry my hand or my racket grip between points. I have tried many different types of grips ranging from the standard factory grips, to towel grips, half towel grips and eventually an over grip. I seem to have found a nice balance with the Yonex over grap but still get sweaty hands while playing. I have spoken to many players about this and they all feel the same.

I know there are products out there that tackle this issue, the yonex powder grip chalk among others, but they are not easily available to players in this country, (ie, any time i find them online they're being shipped fromt he US or the far east somewhere.)

I would just like some feedback from any players out there who have had the same problem and any solution they may have figured out for themselves. This is just general research, just to get a feel for the area, so any and all ideas, comments or anecdotes are welcome.

I look forward to reading them,
    Thanks,
    Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭g0g

Ic0Nick wrote: »
    Hello all,

I am currently a student in NUI Maynooth conducting some user research with badminton players, in particular racket grips and accessories. My focus in college is product design and would like to get some feedback on the problem that every player faces: sweaty palms/hands.

I have always had trouble with my hand sweating during a match and frantically trying to dry my hand or my racket grip between points. I have tried many different types of grips ranging from the standard factory grips, to towel grips, half towel grips and eventually an over grip. I seem to have found a nice balance with the Yonex over grap but still get sweaty hands while playing. I have spoken to many players about this and they all feel the same.

I know there are products out there that tackle this issue, the yonex powder grip chalk among others, but they are not easily available to players in this country, (ie, any time i find them online they're being shipped fromt he US or the far east somewhere.)

I would just like some feedback from any players out there who have had the same problem and any solution they may have figured out for themselves. This is just general research, just to get a feel for the area, so any and all ideas, comments or anecdotes are welcome.

I look forward to reading them,
    Thanks,
    Nick
    Hi Nick,
    I play a fair bit and used to have similar problems with some rackets. Last year I bought a few rackets on eBay from this guy. First I got Head rackets then later his own-brand RKEP rackets. I found the included grips (which he sells separately) were excellent. PM me your address and I'll post you one if you wanna try as each time I ordered rackets I've gotten a good few included. He has loads of different grip types depending on what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SiegHeilNosey

howye nick! :) how you keeping? :) its neil

Tennis players have the problem more because of the weight of the racket, tourna grip is one that i know a friend uses.. might be worth checking out. Its like a yonex over grip

Advertisement