Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kay Burley Appreciation Thread.

• 07-10-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

She's back Again doing what she does best.

Another great clip.

When interviewing the wife of the Suffolk strangler "6 murders in 5 weeks - do you think that if you had had a better sex life, he might not have murdered the women?"

Completely inept anchorwoman. Still a bit of a MILF.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

A bloodsucker.
    That wasn't an interview with the volunteers. It was a setup.

Utterly vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

So so utterly devoid of any concept of compassion or even the vaguest insight into the impact her words would have.

One so often sees this line of interviewing on Sky and indeed elsewhere and I find it inconceivable that the reporters are trained in this way. Being totally ignorant of this field of work, I do not even know if the questons are even hers or are scripted.

All I know right now is that were I asked to approach people who were obviously traumatised in this manner that I would refuse to do so.

I have often heard English friends complain about Sky reporting methods and how they never watch it because of that.

The mind numbing questions they ask are beyond comprehension.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If you feel like some classic clips, here's one.

This is the short version (better video quality)

Here's the longer version (it's from a camera pointed at the TV so quality isn't great but it's still watchable. I recommend that you watch this one)

Here's part of the return match, a few months later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Her ideal OB gig would have been from the foot of le Guillotine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

shes a ho for sho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

In fairness, she is only ever her earpiece, or more exact, whatever's being barked down it. Where she is flawed, is that she lacks the requisite common-sense to rephrase in a more agreeable manner, or indeed, know when she's gone far enough. There's comedy-gold when she tries to channel her Paxman, such as that bit in the Bryant grilling where she casually quips '...you just changed your pin-number'. Now, there's points for quickness in the putdown, but if you're going that direction, it's generally best to be interviewing somebody with history of such a thing, or at least, for you to be halfway-researched on the subject, and then, actually having the wherewithal to argue it afterwards. Ms. Burley, seemingly, has neither.

Well, I mean, in reference to the Chris Bryant thing. The April Jones thing is beyond, or beneath, just about all human standards of decency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

My favourite Kay Burly interview was the one she conducted with David Beckham's 'alleged' former paramour Rebecca Loos.

From memory (2004)
    Kay: "Are those sexy texts he sent you, still on your phone?"
    Miss Loos: "Yes"
    Kay: "Can I see them?"

Classic, incisive Paxmanesque grilling (without earpiece).

As you know Kay Burly still works for Sky News.
    Miss Loos later went on to 'pleasure' a pig on the reality TV series 'The Farm'.
    Such is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,881 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Kay going gaga & agog outside a maternity ward as a London woman gives birth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/black-eye-kay-burley-may-face-legal-action-after-grabbing-photographer-by-the-throat-6836156.html

The More Interesting Photo here is the Second Photo Down.

Its Kay Burley deciding that this Female Photographer's Neck was just that bit too thick and that Kay Burley by squeezing very very very tightly might just get that Neck a Bit Better ! ! !

Kay can get very Hands On at Times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Somebody on the internet does not like Kay Burley = Its not me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCg78onTG1Y

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Well now....she has been taken off the air for 6 months...other colleagues taken off duty for 3 months...

For covid 19 breaches....

Could RTE learn something here????

https://news.sky.com/story/kay-burley-agrees-to-be-off-air-for-six-months-after-covid-19-breach-12157105

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Ghastly individual, I've never understood her popularity and hopefully her 6 month sabbatical might persuade her to F*** off for good.

Quite a response from Sky, no fear of RTE making such an appropriate decision though.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

might she take the opportunity to jump onto Andrew Neils GB TV https://twitter.com/afneil/status/1309880512157188096

• Registered Users Posts: 22,881 ✭✭✭✭zell12

She's doing good work these days. Would any Irish news host challenge govt ministers like so?

A truly vile, odious, Horrid, unpleasant, ghastly, horrendous, appalling , frightful, abhorrent, abominable, dreadful, loathsome individual.

She's also a crap presenter.

She blocked a friend of mine on Twitter when he pointed out she is a C**T

Other than the above , have I mentioned, I can't abide her 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Come on Dempo, get down off that fence😁.

Watched her interviewing a fairground owner after a terrible accident in which a young boy (and possibly his father as well) was killed on a roller coaster. She was just short of calling the poor man a murderer. This was AFTER he listed of the Health and Safety precautions that existed and the certification that had been done on the ride. "well the shutting down the ride NOW isn't much use..." type of stuff. Repeated ad nauseum.

Kay never one to let facts get in the way of Hysterics. Sky News was never more watchable during her forced 6 month sabbatical, I just disappointed she returned 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭StevenToast

This is kind of post that I can get behind.....👍

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

One appreciates your support 😁 there's literally an endless amount of words to describe Kay Burley, none of them complimentary 😏

One of my favourite encounters was when she interviewed James O Brien (LBC) about his story on Frank lampard living in splendid luxury whilst his children lived on a Kip . The contempt O Brien has for Kay was palpable 😁

It's 7 minutes but a giggle assured

Advertisement