Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco SIM: Cannot receive text from youtube or hotmail

Options
  • 07-10-2012 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi

I am using a tesco sim card on an unlocked Vodafone Nokia 6101

I cannot receive the confirmation text from youtube to enable longer video uploads.

Also I cannot receive the text from microsoft to unlock my blocked hotmail account (which is not unblocked by using the call feature to my tesco sim)

The odd thing is I was trying "verify by text" on both sites and got nothing but when I selected "verify by call" (on hotmail site) and entered my Tesco ph no. I got it first time, my phone rang and I entered the unblock code into my hotmail account. perfect.

But seeing as youtube does not have a "call" feature I cannot do anything. And I am still wondering why I cannot recieve a text with the code because I know for youtube (Google) Tesco is a registered network which is supported for txt.

Is this problem my end or remote end?

Advertisement