Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip oFF

Options
  • 06-10-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Bought a 320 gb hard drive for my xbox 4gb console, and I was fully aware of the ridiculous media transfer restrictions, i.e: Music must transfer via CD, Photos will only save if set to wallpaper first, Must buy any video from Apple( Whoops, I mean xbox!!) However, I only bought this particular one because it offered me a free game (Lego Star Wars 3). Not in Ireland though, although I bought it in Dublin!!! After 5 mins of installing via redeem code, I simply got this message: This item is not available in your area. Sort it out microsoft, its 2012 and I,m not living in New Guinea!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Is your Gamertag region definitely set to Ireland? Also, the only place I can find this is on Xbox.com\en-US. If it is a US only deal and the retailer is selling it to you with the implication that you would be able to download this, then you should go back and complain. It should be clear that this is a US only deal, if that is the case here.

Actually, just checked and it is a UK deal too. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I bet the Hard drive isn't from UK or Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Bring it back to where ever you bought it and explain your problem. They will either fix it, or replace your xbox.

Advertisement