Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Breakfast Show - Phantom

Options
  • 06-10-2012 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

I am new here, been having a look around for a bit but thought I would ask, is anyone planning on listening to the new breakfast show on Phnatom on Monday?

PX :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Hi there,

I am new here, been having a look around for a bit but thought I would ask, is anyone planning on listening to the new breakfast show on Phnatom on Monday?

I may tune in by accident.....another fcuking "we're mad" comedy double act..thats just what we need...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,529 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I may tune in by accident.....another fcuking "we're mad" comedy double act..thats just what we need...:rolleyes:

f*cking hell..Joe+Keith...really? They weren't amusing when they were at Spin1038 (and their target market is dumber than average 15 year olds) and not much has changed.

The Spirit of Phantom is well and truly dead at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Pretty poor alright.... I gave it about a minute before switching to another station.

Is it possible to "dumb-down" this kind of radio slot?

If not... Phantom have found a way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

lol at the shill. "Hi I'm new here is anyone getting ready for the launch of our the new product"

BTW, the show is terrible. Sounds like Kildare FM on a bad day. Seriously, it was unlistenable. Why don't you just play music. I don't think the people who want an "alternative" music station want to listen to mindless awkward chatter and stupid gameshow bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭paulbok

I didn't think it was possible but after listening to those 2 this morning I actually miss Orla & Fennel.
    Did Phantom insist they get a personality removal before getting the job? Fr Stone has more charisma.
    Only a matter of time before there is the weekly xfactor review on a Monday and the Script make it on to the playlist.

Except for Caddell, Phantom is unlistenable now until after 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Hi there,

Hi Xena, so how did you think the show went?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

I have been listening to phantom in the mornings for the last 1-2 years.

For me, it has been consistently going downhill.

Richie and Charlotte were the best (In my opinion). They seemed to genuinely be mates and had a bit of craic doing the show.

Then Michelle came in for Charlotte and i really didnt like her initially but grew to like her and the show. A close second in the end.

Orla and Eamon, out of their comfort zone in the am slot and thankfully they were only filling the gap until new presenters 'saved the day'

I tuned in this morning and my jaysus - shocking. I stuck with it for 45-50 minutes in the car in the hope that something will pick up. Not even a touch of comedy from the two lads, they tried to poke some fun at themselves but it was all a bit cringy for my liking.

Will give them the benefit of the doubt as it was day one but by Thursday i'll be changing if it is as sh**e as it was this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

+1 to Lombardo. Nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi Joe/Keith/random Phantom employee.:rolleyes:

I didn't get to listen to the show this morning but I'll admit to liking their old show on Spin (though I did prefer the Tea Time incarnation to the Breakfast version)....and I'm definitely outside of the normal Spin listener age bracket. Will try and catch it later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Not a fcuking hope.

http://www.phantom.ie/shows/190.191.196.217/1035/1/Phantom_Breakfast
    Joe and Keith presented the popular breakfast show on Spin 103.8 from November 2003 to July 2008. It was a show that became a massive hit with the 15 – 24 demographic and contributed to the success the station enjoys today.

Managment speak bullsh!t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Odd... I quite enjoyed their show this morning.

*shrug* Horses for courses or something I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

God awful, pi$$ poor...will i go on..Xena........;)

Back to Nova...:(....think i'll start bringing some old cassetts with me in the car...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I liked it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Is it yer man Joe Donnelly who has been on the Tom Dunne show on Newstalk for the last few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

stevieob wrote: »
    Is it yer man Joe Donnelly who has been on the Tom Dunne show on Newstalk for the last few years?

Yes. He and Keith were a double act before on Spin 1038 and, if I recall correctly, they were involved in Phantom in the pirate days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Hi there,

no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

If there was an alternative on non digital radio I'd switch over. I've been listening to Phantom in the mornings since it went legit and I'm slowly beginning the will to live listening to these two. They try too hard to be funny, I don't want funny in the morning, I want music like they used to have, I want the Scene Unseen segment and the Crisp Blog back, and I want to hear more Charlotte please. Don't know what she looks like but she sounds lovely.

Advertisement