Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seán Moncrieff Show

Options
  • 06-10-2012 12:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know how I can listen to an interview on the Seán Moncrieff Show from last Friday 28 September.

According to this, it seems the Listen Back function only goes back to Monday of this past week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Might be on a podcast. Was it on movies and booze? I think they podcast that bit at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Nope, not M&B. Somebody told me about it lately and they said it was some guy talking about folklore from An Gorta Mór. I forget the details, but it sounded interesting at the time. I just went to find it on the Newstalk website and it doesn't seem to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Worztron

Why does Moncrieff say "ah" and "eh" in almost every sentence he utters. For someone that is on the radio, he is an atrocious speaker.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

I can't believe they allow "psychics" on radio. Anyone else here Stephanie Prizner tolerating a psychic the day before yesterday? Now Stephanie probably believes in psychics, but still, if Sean was on he'd probably have no problem going along with it. These people prey on those who've lost family members because they'll do anything to communicate with someone who's just died... & that's probably where they make a whole load of money.

BTW, is there a different Moncrief thread now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I heard that one. When she said he was coming up I wondered would she bring up the times he was caught out with his messing but she stuck to the show’s theme of humouring, and engaging with, lunatics and chancers.

Seán would have done it the same way, in fairness.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

He? It was a female psychic that I heard her talking to!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Oh, I thought it was the Uri Geller bit, sorry. I didn’t catch any others.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

She was given a platform for her charlatanism, not challenged either.

The tongue in cheek/knowing grin, usually with Sean interviewing US headbangers/alien abductees etc didn't happen.

People inviting dogs to weddings...people really are getting soft in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Today's Moncrieff show was supposed to be broadcasting live from Hook Head Lighthouse, but was beset with technical problems from the outset with frequent audio dropouts.

They then cut to a prerecorded interview about the consumption of frogs legs in Europe. Now Kieran Cuddihy has just come on live from the studio and started some sort of ad-hoc show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭leath_dub

It's travellers and they should be called out on it. KieranCuddihy is adverting to who is responsible but he stopped short of using the "T" word

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

• Registered Users Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭leath_dub

They did a piece about an illegal dump in Darndale, strenuously avoiding pointing the finger at those responsible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Because like he was dragged off the street with zero talent, at one stage he thought himself as a comedian.

When did they replace James Dempsey as the "TV expert" I like the new fella. Never a big fan of Dempsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Don't know if he is a replacement. First time hearing him I think. I enjoy James's segment on Mondays

OMG like, that movie wan Fionnuala like, soooo annoying like...

I might the odd man out here. But I have never liked any of the film reviewers. And have never been a fan of Movies and Booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Electric Gypsy

For anyone who remembers, it was interesting hearing those two ladies talking on Thursday about the male teacher who was thinking of having an affair with a mother of one of his pupils. They were quite aggressive with their opinion... one saying "everyone at this table is agreed on this". But we didn't hear Moncrieff's opinion! He cleverly stayed silent. We only heard him read out the text.

There was a certain amount of scare mongering too when one of them said that if he pursued it that he would lose his job and your house and screw up the pupil's life! How would he lose his house? It'd be two consenting adults. I'm not saying it'd be right for him to have an affair, but on the other hand you're only young once. And how often does a women - who you're attracted too - throw herself at you while she's sober? And I've no doubt that if that point was put to either of these women that they'd say "oh why can't you go on what's it called... tinder?". I hate the way women are so quick to consider themselves competent enough to give advice to a man, when they clearly don't empathise with the male predicament. The opposite would not be tolerated.

Advertisement