Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Parking

Options
  • 06-10-2012 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all,

Looking at Dublin Airport long-term parking options, they all seem to be a similar price. Is there one that's best? (I'm travelling with two kids under three) Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

i find quickpark.ie the better option ...its cheaper,safe and very reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Savker

Well, I park a lot at Dublin airport and the last few trips I have parked in DAA parking as they were cheaper than quick park for long term. Be careful of some of the other parking companies as they don't have 24 hour bus service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I tend to use the long term red over the blue, it's closer and I've found it ofter cheaper than the blue which is further away?!!! Regular bus up to the terminal, works out grand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I used a meet and greet service recently - brilliant! You pull up at the set down area, get out with your bags and a driver takes your car off for you. On your return, you text them when you have your bags and they are there with your car when you get out! 40 euro in total on top of parking, but money well spent IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

we always park in the DAA blue car park. always a bus there ready to go. we've 3 young kids, so hubby drops us off with luggage first (if it's raining) while he goes and parks the car

• Advertisement

I used a meet and greet service recently - brilliant! You pull up at the set down area, get out with your bags and a driver takes your car off for you. On your return, you text them when you have your bags and they are there with your car when you get out! 40 euro in total on top of parking, but money well spent IMO.

Who did you book this service through please?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

And where does the car go exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

just been looking at this myself, and notice that some of the 'cheaper' car parks such as the one in Airside or the Travelodge charge €2 per person, each way for the shuttle bus. So for a couple €8 on top of the parking, which makes them actually dearer than DAA. And Preimier Inn bus stops at 1am from the airport and doesn't start again til 4.15am. So no good, if like us you are arriving at 12.30 as we can't be sure we'll definitely be out in time for the last bus.

For us, for 11 days DAA blue car park is coming in cheapest, which surprised me to be honest.

Anyone have any promo codes for DAA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The last couple of tiems I've been away our flights back have landed around 1am so I booked the short term car park.

OK, it cost us around €30 extra, but not having to get on a bus to a remote car park and then find your car at that time of the morning, with young kids, was worth ten times that.:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The last couple of tiems I've been away our flights back have landed around 1am so I booked the short term car park.

OK, it cost us around €30 extra, but not having to get on a bus to a remote car park and then find your car at that time of the morning, with young kids, was worth ten times that.:)

For nine times that, I'll drop you all home instead! ;)

Recently got an email from Quickpark

As a valued Quickpark customer, we would like to make you aware of our special winter promotional rates available online only at www.quickpark.ie:
    4 days for €25
    8 days for €35
    14 days for €50

No promo code mentioned, so suspect all customers are "valued"...:(

• Advertisement

maybe if I was travelling longhaul or business class another €30 wouldn't seem much - but our flights were only €80, so I can't justify paying the same price for parking that I did for the flight! And for €70-80 we could get a taxi both ways and still have change so I don't see the point.

Who did you book this service through please?

Booked it through these: http://www.parksmart.ie/

Dont know (or care) where my car went! It must be parked close as you only call them once you have your bags and they were there in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Dont know (or care) where my car went! It must be parked close as you only call them once you have your bags and they were there in a few minutes.

its parked in one of the standard car parks. You're paying for parking, an then €40 for someone to park it for you. Not having a pop. your money, your decision

In general the DAA car parks and Quick park are the same level of service. Buses run very regularly and your on it about 10 minutes max. Just make a note of the row your car is in and finding your car is easy enough. So it boils down to price and thats easily checkable

• Registered Users Posts: 25,381 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Before the Aircoach starting passing close to my house I used to use the car park in Bewleys Hotel, they run a free shuttle to/from the coach car park. The car park is on two levels under the hotel and is fully lit all the time which makes a big difference if you're arriving back on a wet, dark night. It's also handy for breakfast before you fly, they start at 6:30.

Just punched in my travel dates with the above, €49.50 for two weeks, pretty good, €123.50 with the meet & greet, fcuk me, a tad harsh :eek:

Just punched in my travel dates with the above, €49.50 for two weeks, pretty good, €123.50 with the meet & greet, fcuk me, a tad harsh :eek:

Thats expensive! I thought it was a flat €40 fee but obviously not.

Tis a great service especially when your flights are very early or very late and all you want to do is get to bed but 75 extra is tough!

Thats expensive! I thought it was a flat €40 fee but obviously not.

Tis a great service especially when your flights are very early or very late and all you want to do is get to bed but 75 extra is tough!

TBH I like the idea & it would suit me, travelling with kids, I would consider €40 but not €75. I'll check back with them at a later date and see if they get any sense in the meantime :)

But for anyone living in Dublin, surely you could get a taxi for less than parking plus meet and greet - even if it were to be only €40 extra. I would argue that from most parts of Dublin you could get a return taxi fare for €80-90? outside of Dublin, then maybe

Little Ted wrote: »
    But for anyone living in Dublin, surely you could get a taxi for less than parking plus meet and greet - even if it were to be only €40 extra. I would argue that from most parts of Dublin you could get a return taxi fare for €80-90? outside of Dublin, then maybe

The €40 is for a return trip - includes drop off and collection. I was going on my honeymoon so wanted to surprise herself.

The €40 is for a return trip - includes drop off and collection. I was going on my honeymoon so wanted to surprise herself.

yeah return trip from the car park you still had to drive the car to the airport...for €80 or so you could be picked up from your door step and returned. I'm sure your new lovely wife appreciated the gesture though. (Personally an extra €40 spent on me in the Duty Free or LK Bennett store would have been my idea of a surprise! :p)

• Advertisement

yeah return trip from the car park you still had to drive the car to the airport...for €80 or so you could be picked up from your door step and returned. I'm sure your new lovely wife appreciated the gesture though. (Personally an extra €40 spent on me in the Duty Free or LK Bennett store would have been my idea of a surprise! :p)

I live in Meath, so €40 in a taxi doesnt get me far! Each to their own, but I liked having my own car there waiting for me with no queing for a taxi, making small talk wiht the driver. (I'd also never give those striking airport taxi drivers a cent, but thats a different day)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

maybe if I was travelling longhaul or business class another €30 wouldn't seem much - but our flights were only €80, so I can't justify paying the same price for parking that I did for the flight! And for €70-80 we could get a taxi both ways and still have change so I don't see the point.

I'd book a taxi and have a few beers on the flight home tbh:)

Advertisement