Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean install of Windows XP

Options
  • 05-10-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭

I know this is a pretty random request, but I have an old PC which I need to reinstall XP on. I have the key for it (it's XP Pro) but I don't have any install discs/etc. Any ideas? I don't need to keep anything on the hard drive, so can simply nuke it...

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

If you have a genuine key then why not just [ borrow a CD ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

There is no legal downloading XP... but make sure you grab the OEM and not the retail version, or your key won't work. ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

check on the manufactures site for the reisntall procedure , there may be a hidden restore partiton / disk maker utility

also get all drivers you will need

for example early releases of XP didn't suport SATA drives, "Do not pass GO , do not collect $200" on the reboot if you hadn't pressed F6 and inserted driver disk

Advertisement